Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Here's looking at you, kid.

nikon lenses

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

Having some fun shooting around the house, since it is still Monsoon Season here in Western Oregon. I tried to eliminate noise on three different software applications, and this is the best I was able to do. I decided to use my Nikon Series E 50mm 1.8 lens. Old, but still a sweetheart of a lens. Thanks for looking.

Tony

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_1456.JPG

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,267 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Quite a collection of lenses. I'm jealous.

--Ron

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,650 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Let's see what lenses we can identify... The Noct is easy, it is an early Ai-S, the 28/2.8 AF non-D is just as easy. I think the PC lens is a 28/4. The lens with the built-in hood above the 28 is a 16 mm fisheye but I am not sure which version it is as all the manual focus versions are so similar. Am I right so far, Tony?

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,521 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Let's see what lenses we can identify... The Noct is easy, it is an early Ai-S, the 28/2.8 AF non-D is just as easy. I think the PC lens is a 28/4. The lens with the built-in hood above the 28 is a 16 mm fisheye but I am not sure which version it is as all the manual focus versions are so similar. Am I right so far, Tony?

Yes sir, you did very well.  This is a shot of the box my Nikon AF Nikkor 28~105mm f/3.5~4.5D IF Lens came in.

Thanks, Tony.

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,521 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Yes sir, you did very well.  This is a shot of the box my Nikon AF Nikkor 28~105mm f/3.5~4.5D IF Lens came in.

Thanks, Tony.

Yes sir.  What could I have done differently?  I am open minded in receiving critiques.  Thanks, Tony

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,650 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

It is a nice repro shot and well executed. The only thing is that it looks like you cranked the ISO a bit higher than advisable on the D70. If that was to achieve a handholdable shutter speed, a tripod would have been a better solution. 

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,521 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

It is a nice repro shot and well executed. The only thing is that it looks like you cranked the ISO a bit higher than advisable on the D70. If that was to achieve a handholdable shutter speed, a tripod would have been a better solution. 

The D70 is permanently set to ISO 200. I did use my table top tripod, but the tough part was getting proper focus getting in so close.  Thanks very much for your input.  Tony

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nikon, lenses