Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Color Prints to Digital Format

nikon rules

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

Today I finally picked up my CD containing converted Color Print Photos to Digital Format. Since these were taken a few years ago, I cannot offer accurate EXIF data. I hope you enjoy and thanks for looking.  I can add that I did use my Nikon N8008s camera with a Nikon AF Nikkor 35~80 mm D Lens.

Tony

Attached Thumbnails

• __1_0093.jpg

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag
Interesting composition Tony with the flowers against the dark background.

Converting from slides/prints to digital however always make the print subject to the scan settings, which have inserted here some noise. Also starting from prints reproduces also the effects that the chemicals have undergone with the time.

That being said I think it adds here to the capture, even so sharpness might have slightly suffered.

I would give it some postprocessing, removing the fly on the left flower and add a bit of softness.

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,516 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Interesting composition Tony with the flowers against the dark background.

Converting from slides/prints to digital however always make the print subject to the scan settings, which have inserted here some noise. Also starting from prints reproduces also the effects that the chemicals have undergone with the time.

That being said I think it adds here to the capture, even so sharpness might have slightly suffered.

I would give it some postprocessing, removing the fly on the left flower and add a bit of softness.

You see a fly on the left flower?  Whoa!! I must be way passed my eye exams, because I do not see it.

Thanks for your commentary, very much appreciated.  Tony

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

To my eyes, the fly is on the right flower... Is the scan from a print or from a C-41 negative?

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,516 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

To my eyes, the fly is on the right flower... Is the scan from a print or from a C-41 negative?

From the negative.

Let's see how this one works.  It looks great until it is enlarged, then the noise creeps in.  I did the best I could on PP regarding noise.  I am hoping to salvage at least half of the 200 lot.  Another lesson learned the hard way.  I just opened this photo in the gallery and then enlarged it and it looks better than enlarged here.  

Thanks for the assistance.

Tony

Attached Thumbnails

• __1_0093.jpg

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Tony, as you have some noise problems on these and trouble with CA on your digital captures, you might evaluate Photo Ninja from Picturecode. It is a good professional raw converter and basic editor that runs on MacOS 10.6.8 upwards and Windows XP upwards. They offer a two-week trial license for evaluation purposes.

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,516 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Tony, as you have some noise problems on these and trouble with CA on your digital captures, you might evaluate Photo Ninja from Picturecode. It is a good professional raw converter and basic editor that runs on MacOS 10.6.8 upwards and Windows XP upwards. They offer a two-week trial license for evaluation purposes.

Thank you.  I will take your advice and give them a try.  TT

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nikon, rules