Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Something Abstract

abstract abnormal

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

Here is an item that was fun to set up and shoot.  Please offer any comments/suggestions.  This was taken with Nikon D70 with Nikon AF Nikkor 35~70 mm non D lens with f5.6 and SS 1/125s using onboard flash, ISO 200. Please offer any comments/suggestions.

Thanks for looking.

Tony

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_1336.JPG

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Nice pattern! Is it some kind of fabric? You have a little bit of purple fringing showing on some of the borders between white and black but that is easily removed wih the right software.

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,518 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Nice pattern! Is it some kind of fabric? You have a little bit of purple fringing showing on some of the borders between white and black but that is easily removed wih the right software.

Well, I guess I am not able to see the fringing.  I am using a magnifying glass and cannot pin it down.  On second glance I do see some blue fringing in a lot of places.  Interesting since I used a short telephoto lens.  Any chance this could be caused by the built-in flash?

Thanks for your comment.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

The fringing is a result of the lens being not quite apochromatic. As not all wavelengths are focused in the same plane, you get coloured ghosts at borders with great contrast. There are few fully APO lenses made, and even fewer are zooms... Good post processing software can automatically detect the fringing and correct it.

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,518 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

The fringing is a result of the lens being not quite apochromatic. As not all wavelengths are focused in the same plane, you get coloured ghosts at borders with great contrast. There are few fully APO lenses made, and even fewer are zooms... Good post processing software can automatically detect the fringing and correct it.

Well sir, I thank you again.  Would you mind recommending the best software available?  

thanks, tony

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

I don't know if it is "the best", but CaptureNX does a good job. LR and Photoshop works well too, as does DxO

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,518 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

I don't know if it is "the best", but CaptureNX does a good job. LR and Photoshop works well too, as does DxO

Thanks Peter.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: abstract, abnormal