Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Adobe updates...

adobe photoshop lightroom updates tethering el capitan mac windows

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I see that Adobe has a bunch of updates for Photoshop CC, Lightroom 6/CC and Bridge. The main part of the update deals with Adobe Camera RAW which has been bumped to 9.4. However, Lightroom has also received a couple of tweaks...

From Victoria Bampton (aka, The Lightroom Queen)...

"For CC users, there are a couple of new features. Mobile users will be pleased to find they can now choose a storage location for mobile uploads, rather than defaulting to the main Pictures folder. And the Panorama Merge tool has a new Boundary Warp feature, which stretches the photo to fill the gaps around the edges."

Also...

"If you're a Mac user running El Capitan, you may have been following the tethering issues for Nikon and Leica cameras.

The good news is Nikon have now updated their SDK to work on El Capitan, and the update is integrated into today's Lightroom update, although it appears to be slightly unreliable on older Nikon cameras. There's new tethering support for two cameras - the Nikon D5500 and D7200."

I'm not sure if the tethering update applies to Lightroom 6 or whether it's also confined to the CC version. I suspect that it is.

--Ron

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland

But where is the list of what has been stuffed up that work perfectly before?

• Ron likes this

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Stuffed up... hmm, I take it that's a metaphor for an even more colorful metaphor. Otherwise it's Australian.  :rolleyes: 

I was a bit surprised by the Photoshop update since I had just (maybe a week ago) installed the previous bug fix... which didn't fix all the bugs. I would have expected Adobe to wait til the other stuff was ready and then roll the whole mess out in one ball. But nooo....

--Ron

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland

Stuffed up... hmm, I take it that's a metaphor for an even more colorful metaphor. Otherwise it's Australian.  :rolleyes:

You have no idea how much I have to think about how I word things so people will know what I mean.

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

You have no idea how much I have to think about how I word things so people will know what I mean.

She's right cobber, 99% of your gibberish understood here! (Except that guy that took the keys out of the car to foil the thief recently, I missed quite a bit of his lingo)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adobe, photoshop, lightroom, updates, tethering, el capitan, mac, windows