Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cold moon.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

roger_rob13

roger_rob13

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
uploadfromtaptalk1451045119411.JPG The first full moon on Christmas Day for 38 years!!

bani12

bani12

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLjubljana

Site Supporter

Nice image! What lens did you use?

roger_rob13

roger_rob13

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Nice image! What lens did you use?

Hi bani12, exif is D750, Tamron 150-600 @600mm, f11, ISO200, 1/200s. Camera mounted on a tripod and a cable shutter release. Rog.

bani12

bani12

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLjubljana

Site Supporter

Thanks for the info! My longest lens is 70-200 and I wish I had something with longer reach. I am still deciding between Tamron 150-600 and Nikon 200-500.

roger_rob13

roger_rob13

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Thanks for the info! My longest lens is 70-200 and I wish I had something with longer reach. I am still deciding between Tamron 150-600 and Nikon 200-500.

I can't speak for the Nikon, but if cost is any kind of deciding factor, then I can heartily recommend the Tamron.

bani12

bani12

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLjubljana

Site Supporter

I like everything I have seen from Tamron so far. On the other hand I like the idea of being able to use my tc-14 with the Nikon if I ever needed to.

roger_rob13

roger_rob13

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Yeah, I can see the benefits of the teleconverter, if I need the extra reach, I put the Tamron onto my 2nd body, a D7100. The 1.5x crop factor gets me to 900mm effective focal length

Docgary

Docgary

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country Flag
Handheld feb 8 2017

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0715.PNG