Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lightroom 6 profiles in Lightroom 5

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Kenafein

Kenafein

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Country Flag

Many of you guys might know this already, but I was able to download the DNG converter and Camera Raw 9.2 from Adobe and extract the lens profile and add it to my lightroom 5, which no longer receives updates.  This wasn't a concern until I got a newer gen lens, recently.  If you install the DNG converter it will install all the latest lens profiles to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0...  You can then copy the profiles that you need to C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0... maintaining the existing folder hierarchy.  I was considering upgrading to 6, but I don't think that I will now.  

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

That's good to know. I've got three different version of Lightroom  running on different computers. One has LR 4 but may get a boost to either 5 or CC once I install Windows 7 on it.

--Ron