Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland

I had an amazing session last weekend with a young lady I found tagged in a friends photo on Facebook. They were both at a major promo model competition. We got chatting and soon arranged a photo shoot. This is her first proper modelling session. I was wanting to do some swimwear/beach type of photos as this is something I have yet to do and I thought she would have a great look for this. She lives a couple hours away from me but fortunately there is a beautiful little beach town half way between so this made a great location for us.

Also this was my first real go at using my new Godox AD360 strobe. I had heard about these things and have seen many pros using them. I prefer to use monoblock strobes even on location. But a couple months ago one of mine took a tumble and as I was looking to replace it I was wondering if there would actually be something more suitable to what I do. And these things are AMAZING. I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking to get into off camera flash. Considerable more output than a speedlight, smaller and cheaper than a monoblock (also has it's own battery)..... I might make up a separate thread for this....

I am still working through these photos. So far I have just picked a few out at random and processed them. I still have more, but I'll add them as I get them completed.

My first impression when I met her in person prior to this shoot was what amazing eyes she has.

23210928145_2f9fa6153b_b.jpg

Nissa by Crew One Photography, on Flickr

22881074409_741e7117be_b.jpg

23221356176_fed12bc431_c.jpg

22648202154_f9ef060938_b.jpg

I've probably got about 3 or 4 more photos to come out of this shoot but i have others I nee to work on first so I'll add them here as I complete them.

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

Your right, great eyes, they make very shot.

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag

22769576743_87cf01c2c4_c.jpg

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag

23448777805_f1514ea0f5_c.jpg

bani12

bani12

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLjubljana

Site Supporter

Fantastic shots dcbear78! Great job! Post some more when you get a chance

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag

Today's work. There was more involved with this one than you might think.

I think I am nearly done... Sorry but there were quite a few good shots from this. And so far I have skipped a whole heap that I am just not happy with the focus on. I think I am going to have to test out the focus on my beloved Tamron 70-200mm as quite a lot from this shoot (and previous ones) has been a little out.

22833469824_b757a55da9_c.jpg

And for good measure just for interest's sake a before and after.

Nissa_before n after.JPG

Let's play spot the difference. There are 7 major things I changed with that image (besides colour tones and regular processing etc). Things like adding/removing things or moving them. Might not be able to spot the last one with that sized photo as you really need to see the image at 100% to see it. but it is very clear at that. See who can at least get the 6?

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Your Watermark :)  Nice shots!

I see some things changed along the far coast (maybe a boat included?), a slight crop and some touch ups on her arms...

bani12

bani12

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLjubljana

Site Supporter

I'll play :) 

As TBonz wrote a crop, boat, some splotches on both of her elbows, something on the far left of the background (lighthouse or building?), liquefied tummy and hip area, higher and straighter bikini near the knot.

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
1. Cloned out background elements (boat & pole)
2. Cloned out sand from arms and elbows
3. Liquefied hips (both) and bit of tummy
4. Moved/Liquefied knot

I didn't count the crop as that is pretty normal.

Three more to go. One more liquefy, one extra thing added and the last is some cloning you won't be able to see.

bani12

bani12

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLjubljana

Site Supporter

One "air" segment less between her hair over her right shoulder maybe? Or we can't see this that well because of the change in background color?

Liquefied bustline?

I can't see well but is there a chance she had a slight line on her forehead?

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag

One "air" segment less between her hair over her right shoulder maybe? Or we can't see this that well because of the change in background color?
Liquefied bustline?
I can't see well but is there a chance she had a slight line on her forehead?

Bonus point for the line on the forehead! I didn't even think of that as it's such a normal part of my retouching.

1. Cloned out background elements (boat & pole)
2. Cloned out sand from arms and elbows
3. Liquefied hips (both) and bit of tummy
4. Moved/Liquefied knot
5. Liquefied bust
6. Extra hair added.

The last one I'll post a 100% crop of when I get home.

bani12

bani12

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLjubljana

Site Supporter

Yay! We have done it :)

Good one, dcbear78! I'm very interested in what you changed.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I was looking at the hair last night but wasn't positive...well done Urban!

bani12

bani12

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLjubljana

Site Supporter

Thank you TBonz! But I can't take all the credit, you started the guessing thing so well done to you too ;)

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,260 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Very nice work. I had guessed a few of them... the boat, the pole and the sand on her elbows. I wasn't sure about the other stuff tho.

One thing that bothers me a little though. Where you took out the boat, the rise in the waterline right at her waist. I know... sometimes I obsess about the darnedest stuff. 

--Ron

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag

Ok... Here is the final difference and you will see why you couldn't see it on the full size image. Here in Australia we just call these rubber bra inserts "Chicken Fillets" and this model had them in apparently, but one was out of place. The different colours were very noticeable. So I did my best to clone in skin texture into there and hand draw a shadow. Not 100% perfect (not even really 80%) but it will do considering my extremely average Photoshop skills. This is also why I had to liquify that area to put it back to the shape it should have been.

chicken fillet.JPG

chicken fillet2.JPG

Very nice work. I had guessed a few of them... the boat, the pole and the sand on her elbows. I wasn't sure about the other stuff tho.

One thing that bothers me a little though. Where you took out the boat, the rise in the waterline right at her waist. I know... sometimes I obsess about the darnedest stuff. 

--Ron

I liquified her waist ever so slightly there just to match up with what I had done to the hip and it has skewed the waterline. I should head back and fix it. I saw it but was hoping I wouldn't have to do anything about it. But it is getting to me and I know it is an easy fix after all.

bani12

bani12

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLjubljana

Site Supporter

Thanks for sharing that info dcbear78! I would have never guessed that. Has the model seen her images yet? If she has, was she satisfied with them?

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks for sharing that info dcbear78! I would have never guessed that. Has the model seen her images yet? If she has, was she satisfied with them?

She has seen a couple of the earlier ones. I am just waiting until I have them all completed before I release them to my page as I find I get better hit rate that way then drip feeding images.

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag

22956905323_caf11a4ed2_c.jpg

23288263140_921200ea87_b.jpg

OK... That's it. I'm done. That last one isn't much of a shot but I thought I would include it. Not a bad effort from a first time model to get so many great photos. I think I have looked at these too much and for too long now and starting to get hyper critical of my own work. But then again that's how you improve too I guess.

bani12

bani12

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLjubljana

Site Supporter

Great shots dcbear78! And thank you very much for sharing these images with us.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: model, crewonephotography, gladstonephotographer, godox, godoxad360, ocf