Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Edinburgh, City Centre

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLivingston, Scotland

Site Supporter

Taken on a walk through old town and the gardens.

All taken on the D750, using 50mm 1.8G, 85mm 1.8G and 70-300mm.

Attached Thumbnails

• _RDM0547.jpg
  • _RDM0553.jpg
  • _RDM0555.jpg
  • _RDM0575.jpg
  • _RDM0577.jpg
  • _RDM0582.jpg
  • _RDM0606.jpg
  • _RDM0613.jpg
  • _RDM0620.jpg
  • _RDM0552.jpg
  • _RDM0686.jpg
  • _RDM0693.jpg
  • _RDM0697.jpg
  • _RDM0868.jpg
  • _RDM0671.jpg

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

Great set.  Such cool sites.    That is one of the visit locations on my bucket list. 

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland

Somewhere I'd love to visit one day. Plus I have a mate now living there. Great photos. I saw some other photos taken there this week at night time. Because there seems to be a very active social scene with lots of clubs and pubs it made it a beautiful combo of modern lighting and old buildings and cobblestone streets. 

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Great set.  Such cool sites.    That is one of the visit locations on my bucket list. 

Thanks Thumper. Still have a few raw files to process. It's a fantastic city, one of the most beautiful at this time of year. I spent a whole day there and still only got round a tiny part of the centre. As it's only 15-20 on the train from my home it's really easy to get to for a day out. I highly recommend it for a holiday destination

Somewhere I'd love to visit one day. Plus I have a mate now living there. Great photos. I saw some other photos taken there this week at night time. Because there seems to be a very active social scene with lots of clubs and pubs it made it a beautiful combo of modern lighting and old buildings and cobblestone streets. 

Edinburgh is a fantastic location, it has the castle that sits right in the centre of the city, the old town spreads out from it and then you have some stunning parkland within walking distance. I plan to shoot more of the city throughout next year, there are some lovely old buildings and streets still with the original stonework.  Highly recommend a vist there.

RossCumming

RossCumming

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationScotland
After chatting earlier today, it has dried up nicely and I could have had my kit through with me!image.jpeg

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

A few more from this set

Attached Thumbnails

• _RDM0665.jpg
  • _RDM0690.jpg
  • _RDM0693.jpg
  • _RDM0717.jpg
  • _RDM0723.jpg

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

Very nice.  

#1 in that set has an interesting bit of architecture in it that seems to have a different influence.  The gazebo has a very Roman look to that doesn't seem to be represented in anything else closeby. (It is not the sort of architecture that I imagine in Scotland, but I will admit to more than a bit of ignorance there since I have never had the pleasure of visiting Scotland).   It certainly makes for a pleasing image.   

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Thanks Thumper, the roman style monument is situated on top of Calton Hill,on the east side of the city centre, it's part of the National Monument Of Scotland, built as a memorial to those who served in the Napoleonic wars. It's a fantastic sight and well worth a visit.

This is some of the other buildings on the hill

Attached Thumbnails

• _RDM0668.jpg
  • _RDM0675.jpg