Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D3300 Battery Grip?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

semaj81

semaj81

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Sorry if this is the wrong area but.. I'm starting to get back into photography and picked up a D3300.. First Nikon I've ever owned and I figured it wouldn't be a bad camera to ease back into this with. My question is about a battery grip..  I see there's no official grip from Nikon, but I have found several available on Amazon and other sites stating they will work with the D3300.. I was wondering if there was a specific brand or recommendation to use here? Some I've found don't seem to hold a brand name... Any info is greatly appreciated!

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I don't have any experience with the D3300 or aftermarket battery grips so I can't give you a recommendation on brands but I've seen message threads (google is your friend) from users of various brands who have had problems with them. Others have said that they experienced no trouble using the exact same grips. So I would only suggest that, whatever grip you decide to get, you buy from a dealer who will stand behind the purchase. Both B&H and Adorama fall into this category.

--Ron

semaj81

semaj81

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I don't have any experience with the D3300 or aftermarket battery grips so I can't give you a recommendation on brands but I've seen message threads (google is your friend) from users of various brands who have had problems with them. Others have said that they experienced no trouble using the exact same grips. So I would only suggest that, whatever grip you decide to get, you buy from a dealer who will stand behind the purchase. Both B&H and Adorama fall into this category.

--Ron

This is true! And I've seen the same.. much like anything really, love/hate ... one persons garbage is another persons treasure! I don't know how many electronics/devices I've used over the years that have gotten horrible reviews, yet I loved them and still do! Thanks for the feedback.. it's much appreciated! Was just throwing it out there.. 

• Ron likes this

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I believe if you search the site, there is a thread about someone who purchased a 3rd party grip from some company and had issues.  But, they bought another 3rd party grip and found it worked well.  I don't remember the companies or the body they had, but it might be worth a look.  As suggested, just be sure to purchase from a reputable dealer so that you can return or exchange if necessary.

• Ron likes this

morticiaskeeper

morticiaskeeper

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTewkesbury, Glos
I've used cheap battery grips on my D40 & D80 with no problems. The batteries that came with them were definitely inferior to the Nikon branded batteries, but the grips were fine.