Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rear Panel function buttons do not work!

rear panel d3s

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

taraphotography

taraphotography

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

The rear panel function buttons (ISO/QUAL/WB) are not working - but I can adjust those setting in the menu. Is there any chance that I somehow locked something, or do I need to send it in? It s D3s. Thanks!

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

What happens when you push one of those buttons? They are meant to be used in concert with either the main or secondary command dials to make adjustments on the fly to ISO, quality or white balance.

--Ron

taraphotography

taraphotography

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Of course, nothing happens when I push only those buttons - but when I do push them in conjunction with the bottom right dial, etc, nothing happens either - the way it has for the last 3 years I've had the camera. Does work with the top right dial.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag
Not having a D3s I don't know whether the 'bottom right dial' serves for other purposes, too, and which would allow thereby for testing it - however, my impression is that there is a problem with that button (somebody having a D3s might tell if THIS ONE can be configured).

If it would be oxidized or broken, the camera would need return to a Nikon repair center.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I think the "bottom right dial" is the thumb wheel for the vertical grip. I don't know if it should work for this input or not as I have never thought of changing these settings while holding the camera vertical. I just checked how it works on a D700 with MB-D10 and it works for changing the settings as long as the vertical shutter button is active. I think it should work the same way on the D3 and D3s. I have never owned a D3, but I have rented them now and again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rear panel, d3s