Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

my old camera Was

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

GRACELAND

GRACELAND

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Country Flag

A box Brownie  lol 

P1180829.JPG

Only kidding although i do have the one above  

No my last camera  was   

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7                                

i.jpg

It was a great camera never let me down apart from buying new battery  

It did what it said it did 

​But i needed something more   so i can add lenses 

So my New one is a Nixon  D3200  

Hope it last  as  long as the above and give me great pictures  

Mark Win

Mark Win

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorthern Ireland / UK / Ireland / Europe

Site Supporter

Can't go wrong with the D3200, Am i bias.. YOU BET !

Kenafein

Kenafein

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Country Flag

I bought my D600 in addition to my NEX 6.  It didn't replace, rather complements, my other camera.  I have owned other cameras in the past including a Pentax K-5.

Brett

Brett

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBlyth Northumberland UK

used this for 25 odd years before going digital with a D40x377197_10200491814611351_1727216574_n.jp

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

An old Minolta 35mm with a manual light meter and manual focus...it was my dad's, probably circa 1970 or so. He insists it was the latest and greatest top of the line technology when he bought it. I used it for a long time and didn't know it was out of date until a photography workshop instructor laughed me out of the class for having such an old camera.

IanB

IanB

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationArbroath, Scotland.

Site Supporter

My 1st SLR was a Minolta X-300 and i loved it.

Attached Thumbnails

• MINOLTA X300.JPG

Brett

Brett

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBlyth Northumberland UK

An old Minolta 35mm with a manual light meter and manual focus...it was my dad's, probably circa 1970 or so. He insists it was the latest and greatest top of the line technology when he bought it. I used it for a long time and didn't know it was out of date until a photography workshop instructor laughed me out of the class for having such an old camera.

Funny my instructor at college gave us cameras like that to use, because he reckoned you learn't more using manual focus and a hand held meter. You only got to borrow a decent camera if you proved you could do the basics with basic equipment. A Minolta would have been great compared to the old zeniths we used

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Yeah, see, I would have appreciated your instructor's point of view. I think he was right on, and I think I did learn a bit by having to use that old camera.

I didn't learn much from that particular workshop...

Guy

Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Country Flag

This thread can turn into an old gear p0rn thread real fast.   I still shoot my manual film gear.  No need to give it up just because something new has come along. ;)

leCabri

leCabri

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationQuebec city, Canada

Site Supporter

Dont realy remember the model, I was 12 and it was some strange ca,era with "film disk"

K-9

K-9

Jamie

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew England

Site Supporter

This thread can turn into an old gear p0rn thread real fast. I still shoot my manual film gear. No need to give it up just because something new has come along. ;)

I tried to hold off as long as I could, and I mostly shot slide film. However, the disappearance of local labs that processed films, and the ease of having my digital files instantly and tweaked the way I want made me finally make the jump.

All the cameras I've used:

Canon T50
Olympus Mju-II
Pentax PZ-1P
Ricoh Xr-Solar
Pentax 67II
Pentax K20D
Nikon D700

And early on, numerous cheap point and shoots and polaroid cameras.

jason

jason

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Country Flag

box brownie.

praktika  hand me down.  cant remember the model number

Pentax MZ 50

Pentax Mz-60

Nikon 3200

morticiaskeeper

morticiaskeeper

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTewkesbury, Glos
Kodak ekta 110
Kodak instamatic
Mayflower (like a box brownie)
Practical MTL5 (still got it)
Practical B100
Olympus OM10
Olympus OM30
Canon A1
Lubitel 166b 6 x 6

Sold the lot, except the MTL5

Nikon APS compact
Various Samsung compacts
Nikon D40
Pentax OP85 compact ( bought for rock climbing, one handed use)
Nikon D80 (bought secondhand last July)

Afterimage

Afterimage

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPennsylvania

Started out with a Minolta 440EX (110 film) at about 9, had some Kodak point-n-shoot for a while, then a Minolta X-370 as a highschool graduation gift. After college I bought a new Fuji digital camera (2.3 massive megapixels!) and finally onto DSLRs around 2006:

Olympus E-500

Olympus E-510 (thank god I bought the 3 year warranty on the 500!! LOL) 

Nikon D7000

Nikon D7100

Bellevance

Bellevance

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country Flag

Rolleicord

Nikkormat FTN black body.

Nikon F3

DCB

DCB

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationFL

DSC_2528_zpsd9b6f86a.jpg

Stas

Stas

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Country Flag

My was Olympus C-770 I liked it... Until I try Nikon d200))

wedgtail

wedgtail

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAdealaide

My last camera before the D600 a Pentax K5

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,630 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

My first camera, about 35 years ago was a Rolleiflex Automat II. 120 film soon got too expensive for an 8-year old kid, so it was supplemented with a Pentax SV with the Super Takumar 50/1,4. Then came a Spotmatic, an Auto Takumar 35 and a Super Takumar 135/3,5.

In the mid 80's Minoltas were cheap and easy to find, so I got MD 21, 24, 28, 35, 58, 85, 135 and 200 lenses and some SR-7 and SRT bodies loaded with Ilford Pan-F, FP-4 and HP-5. When the silk lines for the meter coupling broke in the SRT-s it was cheaper to replace them with XG, XH and XK bodies.

Then I saw some slides made with the 35/2 Canon FD (new) and they blew me away with their nice bokeh, so I bought some Canon glass and a couple of A-1 bodies with Motor A.

When I was about 20 I worked as an assistant to a studio photographer who used Nikons, so I learned how to use the 105/2,5, the 105/1,8 and the 105 Micro-nikkor, and of course the 35/1,4. Then my own bag held an F2 Photomic and a Nikkormat with 24, 35, 50, 105 and 180 mostly pre-AI lenses. In the mid 90's I could afford 2 F4E bodies and had some of my lenses AI'd and upgraded some to AF versions.

In november 2001 I entered the digital era with a Kodak DCS 760 and a couple of Micro-drives. The 760 was slow, cumbersome and I had to carry about 2 kg of batteries for a day's work, but the colours at base ISO (80) were magnificient.

December 2007 came, and some assignments where I needed more than 1.5 fps and had to do digital for speed of turnaround, so time for a new body. The funds weren't there for a D3, so I got a D300 that I still use.

April 2009 saw the arrival of my D700, which is still my main camera. It is nice to have a 35 act like a 35 again, and not like a normal with too big DOF.

For me, the body is mostly a light-tight box with a lens, a finder. a shutter and some kind of recording medium but, and it is a big but, the ergonomics and controls have to help and not hinder what I want to do. My jumping between brands have been driven by availability and glass, rather than the latest and newest technologies.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

First SLR was a Zenit-E.  It had Pentax screw mount lens and a very simple light meter built in...but, you had to manually stop down your lens after framing and focusing.  Moved to Pentax and shot MXs for years.  I think I had 10+ lenses, 3 bodies with motors and Vivitar 270s for each when I was shooting quite a bit.  Eventually sold / traded all of that off for a Nikon F4s, a couple of zooms and a flash when I cut back on my shooting.  Then a D100, D90, D7000 before my current 2 D600s.