Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hobbies !

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

GRACELAND

GRACELAND

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Country Flag

Hobbies 

What Hobbies have you got 

I guess more if your retired ? Or maybe not ?  -_- 

I am a carer for my disabled wife  so she is with me where ever 

My main hobby   that was my job is Gardening Love growing veg and flowers 

Then that helps with Photography  as i can take pictures of it all 

I am a big Elvis Presley fan and Eddie Cochran And in to a lot of the old rock n roll

Spend  a few hours a week on My family history as well

That is my main hobbies

Also a member of National trust so go visiting gardens  that gets us out and about

So what do you do ??????????????? :P  

Attached Thumbnails

• w (2).jpg
  • P1240557.JPG
  • 27132_1202234500.jpg

Colin Green

Colin Green

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLincoln, England, UK

Love gardening and have an allotment. A passion for natural history and am a member of Butterfly Conservation, Bumblebee Trust, The Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust and the Lincolnshire Naturalists Union. Nuts about nature I suppose which is why my photography and videography is so important to record what I see. Then there is a love of history which ties in with my wife's metal detecting and family history which I research with my eldest daughter.  My main love though, is my family.

Afterimage

Afterimage

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPennsylvania

Oh man, my list of hobbies is ridiculous.

I've been into plastic models, painting, guitar, rocketry, RPGs, target shooting, rock collecting, astronomy, video gaming, fishing, web design, on and on the list goes. The only hobby that has stuck with me thus far is photography. Everything else has come and gone, came back, packed it's bags and left again. :)

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

Photography, traditional martial arts, firearms (particularly long range precision marksmanship), guitar, reading, camping, and pretty much anything sci-fi.

Mark Win

Mark Win

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorthern Ireland / UK / Ireland / Europe

Site Supporter

Hmmm i like to kickbox, i like to run, i enjoy airsofting, and then the usual.. walking the dogs, playing games on the ps3..

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

I've actually got a fair bit of Peanuts stuff (Charlie Brown etc.). I'm collecting the books currently being printed of every single strip made that come out once every 6 months with 2 years worth of strips.

Beer is always fun too. :rolleyes:

Ignacior

Ignacior

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSan Diego

Boxing, Martial Arts, and my newest is photography.

Travie_Melvin

Travie_Melvin

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello!  I collect Nail Polish For Fun, I ask around and enter in giveaways!  Just Recently I hit the jackpot!  But sadly I never Use them, I think it is more of an obsession.  But I love painting on paper and on my tiny nail beds w/ acrylic paint just for the fun of it. :D

morticiaskeeper

morticiaskeeper

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTewkesbury, Glos
Bass guitar
Fly kites - was once in a professional display team
Motor racing - was once a race engineer
Rock climbing - scared of heights!
Abseiling - still scared of heights!
Learning to fly a plane.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Aeromodelling, that's me in the middle with the hotliner and the thermal soarer.

Alla_4_2.jpg

Bicycling, I have toured and done audax style riding since my teens.

And of course photography, since I was 8.

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

Reading (constantly), walking, attending gym classes and last year I bought a ukulele, but have not got around to learning to play it yet. Must point out that I have a singing voice that would have children running down the street screaming, but have always wanted to play a musical instrument. I tried the clarinet years ago and would practice in a shed at the bottom of my garden. My kids used to stand outside giggling and reckoned I sounded like a stuffed pig!

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Photography takes up most of my spare times these days, so it is definitely my most active hobby.  I used to do quite a bit of leather tooling and some wood working...I still have everything and will probably get back to it in retirement, but not much time for it now...I also used to shoot Benchrest rifle competitions (score - never got to shoot a group match) but haven't gotten to do that in quite some time either.  With or without photography (preferably with), I enjoy watching my boys play sports and spending time with them.  We all love to fish, so we try to get that in too!

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

Nice! Benchrest shooting an awesome sport. Some of the 6mm shooters have wicked setups.

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

Nice! Benchrest shooting an awesome sport. Some of the 6mm shooters have wicked setups.

So, Thumper, have you ever fired a gun before?

You should try it at least once.

:lol:

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

So, Thumper, have you ever fired a gun before?

You should try it at least once.

I did once. Maybe twice.

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag

I did once. Maybe twice.

Cool. 

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

Shooting is not such a big thing in the UK compared to the States. Majority of shooting people will do involves shotguns, there are clubs around. We don't have the whole 'right to carry weapons' stuff you have in many places in the USA. Instead we have the right to have a driving licence until you are really old, suffering from dementia and much more. Taking away someones driving licence in the UK is probably harder than taking a weapon off someone across your side of the pond. Makes you wonder what is the worst, when you consider the damage a car can do!

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag

Well, truth be told I was teasing Thumper a little bit there.

We know each other pretty well from other forums, all about shooting sports, so I know he is a really avid shooter. 

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Yup...I've seen a few and photos of many more...in shooting score, most shot similar rigs to the 6PPC stuff, but shot a 30BR round...the larger hole comes in handy shooting score.  Pretty amazing rifles, especially when there is someone behind them that knows how to steer them...you can't afford to drop a point at most of those matches or you're done! 

cowleystjames

cowleystjames

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOxford, UK
I miss making holes in things, best it can do now is 12 bore or .22. Pretty crappy really after some of the calibers and hardware I've shot for most of my adult life!