Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D610

nikon d610 fx

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

ansel95

ansel95

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Country Flag

i have the opportunity to get a D800 for a great price now but not sure if I should hold out.  I would love a true D700 replacement, basically a D610 with the D700 features (faster fps, FF autofocus system, better build, 1/8000 ss and 1/250 sync).  right now I've done research on how to take a D800 file and convert to DNG and choose a lower mp size so I could get it where I want it.  I've never used DNG but since Nikon doesn't offer a sRAW like Canon this seems like the next best thing.  Anybody else do this?

nikonfan1999

nikonfan1999

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Country Flag

i have the opportunity to get a D800 for a great price now but not sure if I should hold out.  I would love a true D700 replacement, basically a D610 with the D700 features (faster fps, FF autofocus system, better build, 1/8000 ss and 1/250 sync).  right now I've done research on how to take a D800 file and convert to DNG and choose a lower mp size so I could get it where I want it.  I've never used DNG but since Nikon doesn't offer a sRAW like Canon this seems like the next best thing.  Anybody else do this?

This is a very interesting approach. What software do you use?

ansel95

ansel95

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Country Flag

I was able to do this in Lightroom.  You just import it and Copy as DNG then in the settings of the import dialog you can specify the megapixels.  It worked pretty well in my initial testing.

Travie_Melvin

Travie_Melvin

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Country Flag

Does anyone know if these Camera's are great for blogging?!  Like is it really necessary to purchase this camera just for nail art blogging?!  I'm asking,, because I need some feedback.

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

I would have thought that for blogging, so only web-sized photos, just about any compact camera with a macro setting would be fine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nikon, d610, fx