Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

This option is not available at current settings or in the camera’s current state

3300 grayed format image

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Mike Cassidy

Mike Cassidy

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I was shooting with our new Nikon 3300 today when it suddenly stopped. So, I turned off the camera, and then turned it back on, but when I hit LV (Live View) I received the message: Unable to start live view. Please wait.

BTW, the battery was 2/3rds green.

Waiting didn't help at all, so I came back to the office and downloaded the photos I had taken. Then, I went to Format Memory Card, but it was grayed out. When I clicked on the gray type, I was told: This option is not available at current settings or in the camera’s current state

Did I somehow hit a wrong button when I was shooting today, or has the memory card gone bad suddenly, or ???

thanks,

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

Try cycling the shutter by pressing the shutter release button.  Sometimes if the mirror is suck up the camera will refuse to cooperate without giving a clear indication (apart from the darkness in the VF).

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Another factor to consider is heat buildup. If you use LV for a long time, it will be disabled until the sensor has cooled down to protect the electronics. you can, however, use the finder as usual. Removing the battery and a two-button reset can be needed before all choices are available again in the menus. Sometimes a full reboot is necessary (Take out battery and memory card, switch the camera on and activate backlighting of the top LCD for a minute or two).

Brian

Brian

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Country Flag

Wow!

Did the camera start off with "I'm Sorry Dave..."

The Nikon 9000 computer system must have been used onboard the Odyssey.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3300, grayed format image