Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blog

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Mr_Leeman

Mr_Leeman

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi All

I've decided to start a blog, based lightley around my experiences as an amature photographer. If anyone is interested in taking a look here it is:

MOMENTS

I'm open to feedback and suggestions.

Plus, if you have a blog let me know and I'll have a read.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

It looks like a good start to your blogging. I am not too fond of the Publication theme, though. The orange text on dark grey in the navigation menus takes too much focus from the content in my opinion. My site is a combination of heavily tweaked protostar templates and the Ignite gallery module for joomla. It is a mix of a blog and a portfolio gallery, available here. My old site, petersundstedt.com is not too useful internationally as it is completely in Swedish. 

Mr_Leeman

Mr_Leeman

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks Peter, I'm not 100% on the theme myself yet. So nice to get confirmation it's not right yet.

Had a quick glance at yours, nice and clean! Will enjoy reading some of your articles, the fountian of knowlege you are!

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Fantastic! I just had a look and love it already. I look forward to seeing more. :) I actually really like the look of the photos and writing portion--very fresh and appealing. The theme is wonderful and attractive--I really like the callouts. I think Peter is correct that the menus take away from the content a bit. On my screen, they take up more than half of my browser space. Perhaps if you were to just narrow the sidebar so that it wasn't quite so wide... That being said, I looked at it on my phone as well, and the mobile version looks pretty darn good.  

Well, you've inspired me. I have a blog on my website, but I don't update it very often--but today the day will not end without an update! I may need to find a fresh new theme as well... I really like yours. :)

Mr_Leeman

Mr_Leeman

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Country Flag

Fantastic! I just had a look and love it already. I look forward to seeing more. :) I actually really like the look of the photos and writing portion--very fresh and appealing. The theme is wonderful and attractive--I really like the callouts. I think Peter is correct that the menus take away from the content a bit. On my screen, they take up more than half of my browser space. Perhaps if you were to just narrow the sidebar so that it wasn't quite so wide... That being said, I looked at it on my phone as well, and the mobile version looks pretty darn good.  

Well, you've inspired me. I have a blog on my website, but I don't update it very often--but today the day will not end without an update! I may need to find a fresh new theme as well... I really like yours. :)

Wow, great - thanks Nicole!

I love the styling of yours, really makes your images stand out!

Yes it's odd, on mobile it looks really good, but in browser not so much... will have a play.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

I love the styling of yours, really makes your images stand out!

That's kind of you to say, but I've decided (especially after looking at yours) that I really don't like the blog portion of my website. It's a bit awkward and plain--I suppose it's the theme. I could never find a way to display the photos in a way that made sense and flowed nicely. Anyhow, I'm probably going to completely redesign my website along with the blog--I'm looking at a very flexible Wordpress theme called Divi by Elegant Themes. I'd like the blog to have a bit more personality in the design of it. Or maybe I should bite the bullet and start from scratch using Muse. My husband uses it and loves it...

If I could put together something dynamic like this website, I'd be thrilled: Misty Copeland

Of course, something like that would be a little over the top for a humble photographer.

Anyway, none of this redesign is going to happen very soon. I teach at a local college, and our semester is well under way--unfortunately I won't have time to do much until Christmas break.

I need to subscribe to your blog or bookmark it. I've bookmarked Peter's, but I probably should have subscribed so I can get notifications of updates. I look forward to seeing more. :)

Mr_Leeman

Mr_Leeman

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Country Flag

My next topic is underway... again they end up being a lot deeper than anticipated - which is good I think.