Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon R1 (SB-R200) on D7100 suddenly much more powerful than I ask it to be...

flash sb-r200 r1 r1c1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

spastik0827

spastik0827

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello,

I am using my D7100 with R1 (SB-R200 x 2) for dental photography for work. I have been using this setup for about 2-3 months so far with great results using presets explained on a dental photography blog (basically using two "groups" where one is for portrait photography at 1/1 and the other for 'intraoral' shots at 1/4).

I haven't modified anything on either the camera or the flashes (not that I can think of anyway) as I simply take it out to shoot pictures once in a while. This week though, all my pictures are extremely white (overexposed?). The patients even say they feel the heat of the flash in their faces when I'm taking 'intraoral' shots.

I checked my commander settings and they are still like I set them up originally (ie, like when I took "normal", not too white pictures). I even reset manual settings & shooting menu and changed the commander settings to my desired settings manually again, but I still have this problem.

Anyone have an idea what I could do to fix this?

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

Accidentally changed Flash exposure compensation?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flash, sb-r200, r1, r1c1