Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D810 LCD pixel issues?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

AdamTD

AdamTD

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

I just purchased a brand new Nikon D810 from a major retailer in the USA.  Upon unboxing, the camera looked flawless and when I did my first test shot, it was indeed shutter actuation #1.  However, as I was reviewing some images tonight on my LCD, I noticed some issues with the pixels on the screen.  I quickly uploaded several photos to see if I could see anything wrong with the images in the same location on the computer.  Nothing was wrong with the images, however, there are several pixels on the LCD that have a constant blue or green hue.  When I change between images, the spots remain.  Initially, I thought that the problem was on the LCD screen itself, so I removed the screen protector and cleaned the screen.  When I powered the camera on again, the spots remain.  While I am glad the actual images aren't affected, it still irks me to no end that my LCD screen has 10 (maybe more) pixels that have a constant color.  We are talking about a $3,000 camera and I feel I should "get what I pay for."  What should I do?  Return the camera to the retailer, or have Nikon fix the problem under the warranty?  I have owned this camera for about 4 days now.  Thanks for your help!

AdamTD

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,334 posts
  • Country Flag

One dead pixel would be considered normal, but if you have multiple spots I would probably just ask to get the camera exchanged.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I agree!  Take it back for an exchange...If for some reason that fails, you can still send to Nikon and you've learned something about the service of that company which you can keep in mind next time you want to make a purchase...

AdamTD

AdamTD

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

So, I took the camera back to the store the other day and they were very apologetic about the problem.  They took the camera with the defective pixels back immediately, refunded $212 to me since the camera dropped in price sometime between those few days, and had another D810 sent to me. I received it the very next day!  I was quite impressed to say the least!