Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Best Photo, Week Ending 11 October 2015

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Trying to be a bit more on the ball this week! Thanks to TBonz for stepping up and keeping the thread alive last week. :)

Sometime before midnight (whatever time zone you are in) this Sunday, 11 October 2015, post the best photo you have taken this week. Any subject, any style--just give us your best shot.

If you can, list your EXIF info and any special lighting setups you may have used.

Don't forget the Edit Challenge as well--even if you didn't officially "sign up" you can still participate.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag
Thanks Nicole for setting up every week a new thread :)

Here are a few captures from this Week-End to a park.

All taken with the D610 and the Tamron 150-600/5-6.3

s46UyxP.jpg

zxK7rzL.jpg

xMQAfjd.jpg

oli3fer.jpg

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

I shot this flower while touring the grounds at the Tumacocari Mission and Museum in southern Arizona last weekend. It was one of very few flowers in the garden, being Oct.  However, the pomegranate, fig and quince trees are full of fruit.  Shot with my D750 and 25-105 Sigma lens.

I saw this bicycle across the street from our local middle school.  Maybe a student or a teacher?  It is there almost everyday..  D750, 24-105 Sigma lens.

Attached Thumbnails

• Red flower at Tumacacori Mission.jpg
  • blue bicycle.jpg

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

CJ Dyfverman's statue of the angel Gabriel looking over the city from the cathedral roof.

gallery_1251_413_6266.jpg

Body: D700

Lens: 70-300VR

Aperture: f/7.1

Shutter: 1/800

ISO: 200

Profile: D2X Mode3

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I want to get one in while I have a minute.  I grabbed this one yesterday with my Nikon 1 V3 and 10-100 lens at 100mm, ISO 6400, f6.3, 1/60.  This is full frame with no noise reduction...you can definitely see the noise, but not too bad unless you get in close...

Deer-0327.jpg

Hopefully doing some shooting over the weekend!

nova85

nova85

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew Lenox, Illinois

Site Supporter

Three mothball cruisers in Philadelphia.
image.jpg

Brian

Brian

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Country Flag

The Flying Circus Airshow in Bealeton Virginia has been going for 45 years. I remember it then.

These are from today, brought the Reflex-Nikkor 500/8 (original version) and the Nikkor-H 300/4.5. Both lenses, about 45 years old. I also brought the M Monochrom with the 1936 Sonnar on it, lens is as old as the airplanes in the show.

With the 500/8, this lens takes constant work to keep in focus. Even at distances, the DOF is very narrow. For a moving target- lots of work. Digital shows every imperfection. With film, would not be as noticeable. At 100% crop, I had a 40% hit rate. But I did not used to shoot 500 pictures in film days.

21479321463_44532522a7_o.jpgFlying Circus AirShow by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

And why do people insist on jumping out of perfectly good airplanes? My Dad was a Jump Instructor, funny joke...

Some awesome Flyby from pilots that went to an airshow yesterday.

22110500041_e7690bd8db_o.jpgFlying Circus AirShow by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

21477619644_96ce92e05a_o.jpgFlying Circus AirShow by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

And they could not resist some Stunt flying for us,

And this guy did not leave the plane, just the cockpit.

22100466275_b608227bf6_o.jpgFlying Circus AirShow by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

21913540809_81132c6ec4_o.jpgFlying Circus AirShow by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

In the 90s, the Flying Circus ran a help wanted in the Washington Post for a wing walker. Guess it worked!

21477619554_a51bebd394_o.jpgFlying Circus AirShow by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMurfreesboro Tennessee

Site Supporter

There was a serious accident outside yesterday. Luckily no one was hurt. I grabbed the first camera I came to and got a couple of shots.

K30

Nikkor preAi 55/3.5 micro

f5.6

1/30

iso 200

21914222999_c15b724994_c.jpg

I was actually working on an issue I was having with my 55-200VR lens Mounted on the D70

This is one of the shots I took cropped to 8x10 for printing, to check the issue.

21480027603_07b1f4f6e9_c.jpg

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Did some family portraits and some product shots this week but not much else...

This didn't turn out quite as Rembrandt-y as I had intended...and I didn't have enough time to mess around with it to get that look, so here it is...as is.

21916780920_a3fd75663b_c.jpgCranberry and orange by Nicole Fernley, on Flickr

Used the 50mm 1.4 for this shot. Natural light with black cards back, right, and back left to flag off the back of the set up.

Mr_Leeman

Mr_Leeman

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Country Flag

Been so busy lately i've not shared anything for what feels like an age. Had a new toy recently and this is the first time I've been out with purpose and had an end goal in mind. As always... it's the boy - but I would like to share with you all he is going to be a big brother! His little companion should land with us next May.

It's amaizing what you can find on your doorstep as it were. I have been walking part the way to work recently and my route takes me past a small wooded area with a stream - which I knew nothing about. This weekend was the first chance to get out and shoot there. I'm very pleased with the outcome. The new toy is a D600, very impressive!

21475335913_a5854422ed_c.jpg_DSC2642.jpg by Lee Kulik, on Flickr

And while we were out we took advantage of the falling leaves.

21908617708_c1d4c34cb6_c.jpg_DSC2843.jpg by Lee Kulik, on Flickr

Hope to be more regular again, if time permits of course.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Been so busy lately i've not shared anything for what feels like an age. Had a new toy recently and this is the first time I've been out with purpose and had an end goal in mind. As always... it's the boy - but I would like to share with you all he is going to be a big brother! His little companion should land with us next May.

It's amaizing what you can find on your doorstep as it were. I have been walking part the way to work recently and my route takes me past a small wooded area with a stream - which I knew nothing about. This weekend was the first chance to get out and shoot there. I'm very pleased with the outcome. The new toy is a D600, very impressive!

Glad to you see back here, Lee! Congratulations on the new addition to your family--exciting times! I'm sure May will bring lots of photo opportunities. :) So is your little guy excited to be a big brother?

And congrats on the new toy! Looks like you're putting it to good use! Those photos are just lovely!

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland

Lee congrats on the new additions to the family.

I have no photos from this week (I know this is last weeks thread). But I have been learning how to retouch my photos for the models I work with. I made this for a Facebook page cover photo but thought I'd share the before and after.

Retouch before n after.JPG

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

I have no photos from this week (I know this is last weeks thread). But I have been learning how to retouch my photos for the models I work with. I made this for a Facebook page cover photo but thought I'd share the before and after.

attachicon.gifRetouch before n after.JPG

Very nicely done! Are you using frequency separation for your skin retouching? 

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag

Very nicely done! Are you using frequency separation for your skin retouching?

Yeah I followed the Phlearn tutorial and this was my first attempt at frequency separation. Then did some dodge & burning give a bit more shape to her face.

Mr_Leeman

Mr_Leeman

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Country Flag

attachicon.gifRetouch before n after.JPG

Thanks! I have to say I'm also a big Phlearn fan, and use the same technique. It's so easy yet the result is great. His tutorials are so well presented and easy to follow.

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

That looks pretty cool... I'm going to have to give frequency separation a try.

--Ron

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag

That looks pretty cool... I'm going to have to give frequency separation a try.

--Ron

It is very simple. I can see how that could possibly be a bad thing and make it easy to over do it too.

But this is the guide I used and they have an action you can download..... http://phlearn.com/a...ching-photoshop

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Back after a few days away...Congrats Mr_Leeman on the addition to your camera bag as well as your family!!!

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Yep, Phlearn fan here too. I was doing frequency separation on my own for awhile...when I learned he had an action for it, I did a little happy dance (I guess I could have made my own action...duh). Use it quite often. 

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMurfreesboro Tennessee

Site Supporter

I guess I need to learn layers. :o