Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

iNyoni Images

inyoni web site

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLivingston, Scotland

Site Supporter

For some reason my website was infected with some sort of virus. This has now been cleansed and is running clean now.

DarrenJudson

DarrenJudson

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Country Flag
Thats getting saved into my favourites bar...thanks for sharing iNyoni.

What does everyone think of a thread (maybe pinned) where everyone can link to thier own website/facebook page/flikr page etc, I'd love to be able to see everyones personal photo pages?

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Rob--nice job on your website! I think I looked at it a long, long time ago and I just took another quick tour tonight. I love the images you've updated it with! 

Darren--I think that's a great idea. Maybe you should start that thread. ;) (Have you already and I just missed it?)

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Rob--nice job on your website! I think I looked at it a long, long time ago and I just took another quick tour tonight. I love the images you've updated it with! 

Darren--I think that's a great idea. Maybe you should start that thread. ;) (Have you already and I just missed it?)

Thanks Nicole, it's a work in progress and I'm continuing to change and update.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Thanks Nicole, it's a work in progress and I'm continuing to change and update.

Yes, a work in progress always! I need to update mine far more often than I do, but it's usually at the bottom on my list of priorities. Not enough time for everything I need or want to do--that's just reality, right?

Anyway, you have some really strong images on there--impressive.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I need to take some time and get my new site up and running...I guess I should say to get my "new" business running here in North Carolina...I am changing the name slightly and setting up a new web site since I won't be solely concentrating on sports photography...I did get the new logo designed and I was kinda proud that I did the logo all by myself!

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

I've decided to do a total rethink regarding my website. I've also been looking at "Branding" for myself. I've been wanting to do this for a while now but time hasnt been in my favour. Now that I have some time to myself I'm planning to strip the website down and restart, I will still have an archive for all my older images but want to try and keep up to date and have something I can be proud of.

I've attached my first draft of new design of logo (I have a second one of a lens, same shape but better quality, I'll add that later this evening). This will be used as a launch screen and I'll keep the colour scheme throughout the website. I havent desided on Font type but it's between the 2 here.

And thoughts, comments or critique will be welcome.

Attached Thumbnails

• iNYONI V2.jpg
  • iNYONI V3.jpg

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

This is my 3rd version, and the one I like best

Attached Thumbnails

• iNYONI V2-3.jpg

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

I think that is my favorite as well!

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
I like the graphic elements in your third version, but would be interested to see it combined with the text (and fontstyle) of v1, yet not using all uppercase for the first line

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I agree. The third image is also my favorite.

--Ron

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I like the third version of the lens much more than the two first and I wonder how it would look with a classic font like Futura. To me, Viner brings back too many memories of the "My little corner of the Web" sites of yesteryear and doesn't give a professional feeling in a logotype. A bit like Comic Sans, only not quite so bad (nothing can be). I use Bickham Script Pro for my nameplate on my site and for watermarks. 

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

After a couple of weeks work and getting some great help from my work colleagues in our marketing and advertising department (nice to get some free advice from the professionals) I have got a redesign up and running, New layout, new fonts (think you will like the final look Peter) and a great new service provided by "Squarespace".

I'm still putting finishing touches to the site. I'm thining of putting my Archive galleries in a password protected part of the site, people can request access if they wish to look at these. I'm also thinking of adding a Blog and possible links to this site too.

The other 2 things I've been thinking of doing is adding a Guest gallery (open to all you lovely people on here, where you can display some of your work, if you so wish) (all copyrights and ownership would remain with you). And a knowlage base where I can add my (very limited) advice and helpful tips I've learned along my photography journey.

I would like to get your thoughts on my ideas?

I'm hoping to have the site go live in the next few days so will update once it's up and running.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Rob,

I clicked on your link (Pentax Forums - The Ultimate Resource for Everything Pentax) in your signature and got a Squarespace message that looks like it hasn't finished publication or possibly the DNS piece hasn't gotten propagated all the way yet.  Looking forward to seeing it...

Thanks for sharing!

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Yes just waiting on the DNS settings getting updated. It says that it could take up to 72 hours. hopefully it'll be sooner than that

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
While I had yesterday the Squarespace message, too, today the site opened.

Great captures and layout, Rob.

While I viewed it so far on a tablet only, the one thing I would change is the menu layout, as when opened it uses half of an iPad screen height, with lots of space for the left and right borders.

Well done!

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

While I had yesterday the Squarespace message, too, today the site opened.

Great captures and layout, Rob.

While I viewed it so far on a tablet only, the one thing I would change is the menu layout, as when opened it uses half of an iPad screen height, with lots of space for the left and right borders.

Well done!

Thanks Jerry, I'm still building the site so I'll make adjustments tonight, hopefully resolve that issue. I also still need to update /add some images to the archive and update the e-mailing screen. A work in progress but i'm happy with the results so far. Thanks for the feedback, anything else you spot please let me know.

:)

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Site worked for me today...wonderful images and the site looks great!  

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Nice, clean site. What version of Futura is it? ParaType or something else?

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Nice, clean site. What version of Futura is it? ParaType or something else?

Spot on Peter it's displayed as Futura PT. And thanks for recommending it. Still needing a few tweeks and upload more of my photos but it's getting there and looking more like I wanted.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inyoni, web site