Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vintage Pentax K1000

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Mark Win

Mark Win

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorthern Ireland / UK / Ireland / Europe

Site Supporter

I was recently given this little workhorse and im looking forward to using it, 1978 Model i believe I Will probably only use Black and White film..

What old cameras do you have and maybe still use?

Attached Thumbnails

• pk1000.JPG

DCB

DCB

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationFL

I went on a Olympus buying string not long ago.

OM1n

OM2n

OM4

Winder II

2-50mm 1.8

2-28mm 3.5

35mm 2.0 (rare and great)

135mm 3.5

I love film 

Peace

Jyrkira

Jyrkira

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Pentax ME Super which I use regularly with B/W film in it.

Mr_Radzins

Mr_Radzins

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGuernsey
I have ME Super too, as well a Pentax MZ-50. Small (or actually huge) problem with MZ-50 - drains the batteries like my wallet money! :) didn't actually get a chance to test it. But ME Super is a nice camera. And it looks like it was pretty advanced in its time.Have a few lenses as well, 50mm 1.7 Chinon, Sigma 28mm Mini Wide 2 f2.8 and a Tamron adaptall 35-70mm CF.
Only thing, that i don't really know how to use the flash really well, but i hope that will come with time. Digital in this case is much easier and cheaper. :)

P.S
Maybe anyone knows anything about this flash on the pic, cause i tried to find any info on it - very unsuccessful.
image.jpg

Mark Win

Mark Win

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorthern Ireland / UK / Ireland / Europe

Site Supporter

Im only jumping into my camera as well so could'nt give any tips yet ,.. As for flash, my intentions are going to be black and white compositions without flash.. well for now anyway.. :)

Mr_Radzins

Mr_Radzins

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGuernsey
Yeah, black and white is what i am thinking about with film camera. That one film roll (colour) i had with camera, i got only two, more or less good frames out of 24. And it wasn't out of date.
One good thing that i find with film camera is, at least here in Channel Islands, people look and react different, than if one has a new camera. They are more "talkable" and they tend to interact more with you. :) that's at least, how it looks for me.

K-9

K-9

Jamie

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew England

Site Supporter

I've got a Holga 120N I picked up recently and have yet to try it out. I'm planning on taping it to close off some light leaks and then throwing somw 120 film in it, both color and b&w.

The only other film camera I still have is my reliable and weatherproof Olympus Mju-II. I figured I'd keep it around if I ever want to shoot a few slides. I still have a slide projector.

George in Georgia

George in Georgia

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Country Flag

Old cameras!  Yummy!  How about in the Pentax area:  K 1000, AsahiFlex IIb (needs repair) ME Super, MX, LX, 645n, and others.  Nikon S2 and Nikonos.  Zeiss Ikon Contessa, Ikoflex 1b.  Bronica S2a.  YashicaMat 124g. Voigtlander Vitessa f2. Ultron.  Retina 1 and 111c.  Olympus OM 4. Busch 2 x 3 baby press camera. Komaflex S.

OMG!  I'm becoming a collector!  But I buy users, not shelf queens. That is my justification.

nikdood17

nikdood17

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Country Flag

I don't know how many olde cameras I have. But I don't collect film cameras, I rescue them. I fix them up and put them to work. I'm chewing on a great looking Bilora Bella 66 right now. Cool looking beauty.

merlin

merlin

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I have several vintage film cameras of different brands.  They all use black and white as well as color film.

MJL

MJL

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationThe Canadian wet coast

Site Supporter

My trusty Kiev 88 with 1000 mm mirror lens.

Attached Thumbnails

• Kiev88.jpg

Marcus Rowland

Marcus Rowland

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLondon

OK, ignoring the stuff that comes through and gets sold on via eBay within a few days, I've currently got a Canon 300D (so old it's USB 1, not 2), a Pentax Z-70 body, a Chinon CX body, and a Minolta Dynax 505si; all of these are used to check things like accurate focusing on M42 lenses, autofocus on Pentax and Minolta lenses, with the Canon used for Canon lenses and my test bed for actual photos since I've got seven or eight adapters for different lens mounts. I'd like to add Olympus OM-2 or similar, a Canon FD body of some sort and a Minolta MC body, but nothing useful has come my way recently and to be honest it isn't essential, I don't see many lenses in those mounts.

I nearly bought a Zorki (M39 rangefinder) on Sunday, it would have been fun to play with, but I started out selling two or three years ago with the intention of decluttering - at the moment this means I have a ton of crap sitting around I want to sell or haven't been able to bring myself to bin, e.g. four or five dead Zenits, so it really isn't working terribly well.

Marcus Rowland

Marcus Rowland

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLondon

Just came across this thread and laughing at how it ended up a couple of years later - apart from my Nikon, I currently own three other DSLRs (Canon 400D, Sony Alpha 100, and Pentax K200D), and 12 testbed 35mm bodies for checking that lenses work correctly

Exa 2 for Exa/Exakta *

Fujica STX-1 *

Minolta 5000 for REALLY early Minolta autofocus lenses that aren't Sony compatible

Canon AL-1 for FD lenses *

Minolta XG1 for Minolta MD lenses *

Olympus OM10 for OM lenses *

Sigma SA-300 for Sigma AF lenses

Praktica PLC2 for Praktica Electric (and other M42) lenses *

Minolta Dynax 505si and Pentax Z-70 which I should really sell on now I have compatible DSLRs, except they're pretty much unsellable.

Praktica BC1 for Praktica bayonet lenses *

Yashica FR for Yashica lenses *

I really ought to get an early Nikon too, for pre-AI lenses, but I think I've only ever had one that wasn't AI compatible.

I have Canon Eos adapters for all of the lens fittings I've starred, also Rollei QBM and M39

And for my own use I also have a Sony Cybershot DSC-V3 set up for infra-red work, and a Fujifilm DSC7500 bridge camera which is my "Carry everywhere" camera

Astro Baby

Astro Baby

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLondon
Nikon F FTn
Minolta SRT101 x 2
Pentax KX
Canon FTb
Nikon F301
Olympus OM1 x 2
Pentax K1000
Canon AE1
Chinon CE5
Chinon CM3
Zorki 4
Konica SII
Agfa Silitte

They all get used, eventually but my main shooters are the FTb and the Minolta SRTs at the moment. The F is awaiting a CLA amd I am too scared to use the F301 in case it breaks down.

Oddly when I started collecting I assumed the 301 and the OM1 would be the main use cameras.

My beater is the CE5.

Astro Baby

Astro Baby

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLondon
Oh add in a Minolta XD11 just scored one on eBay :)

sixaparrat

sixaparrat

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCheshire, UK
I seem to have ended up with a collection too.
Started with a Yashica FX-2 and Minister II, then
Olympus Trip 35
EOS 500
Yashica D
Pentax MZ50
Praktica LTL
Praktica MTL3
Praktica MTL5b
Olympus Is1000
Fujica STX-1
EOS 350D
Nikon D3200.
The Prakticas are amazing, they can double up as hammers if required.
The Trip is my EDC.

sixaparrat

sixaparrat

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCheshire, UK
Should also mention that other than the D3200 and the EOS 350D, non of the other cameras cost more than £10.

nikonFILMuser

nikonFILMuser

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBRENTWOOD Essex

Site Supporter

I have cameras now of just about every 'brand' -- mostly GIVEN or 'Saved From The Dump' such as my Contax RTS II Quartz + Yashica FR-1 + Prakticas   ( Don't Tell The WIFE' about this post ! )    Recently I was GIVEN a second Nikon FE and a Black Paint FM  by a 90 year old Fellow Camera Club member who was moving , also his Beaten Up Hasselblad 500Cm + 500 EL/M and a Mamiya C330 f Professional -  all HIDDEN away in my Darkroom - Computer Room --  I spend time renewing light seal strips, polishing off Fungus Flecks and generally trying to 'CHERISH' such wonderful gear . Too many for me to;post snaps of them here.