Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Few Small Things on my Front Porch

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

Wasps10-L.jpg

(These are no longer residents on my front porch.  FYI).

Flower3-L.jpg

Flower6-L.jpg

SpiderFeed1-L.jpg

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

You have an interesting front porch Thumper.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I was thinking those in shots 1 and 4 might not be on my front porch for long!  Great shots though!

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

I was thinking those in shots 1 and 4 might not be on my front porch for long!  Great shots though!

The ones in Shot 1 are no longer there.   (The ones that lived through the excessive doses of wasp and hornet spray have moved on to my neighbor's house).  The critter in Shot 4, however, is still residing on the porch, along with 6-7 relatives.  They come out at night and build these huge webs across the porch and catch all sorts of bugs in their webs as the bugs fly up to the porch light.  The largest one is about the size of a silver dollar.  They eat well.  LOL.   We haven't killed any of them because they kill the bugs.  Although, the first time my wife gets one in her hair, I have a feeling that there will be a mass arachnid homicide (possibly by fire) take place on the porch.