Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A simple tip for organisation

organisation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Fogey

Fogey

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationShropshire, UK

When out taking multiple shots for Panoramas, photo-stitching and the like, place your hand over the lens before and after shooting the sequence.

When you get to Lightroom, you'll have all the sequences easily identified - saves all that trawling through hundreds of photographs.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Never used my hand, but I have shot "unique" shots before and / or after a series of shots so that I could readily find them.  At sporting events the "unique" shot is often the score board since it also gives perspective on the situation and relative time remaining in the game...

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Yes, very good advice. I've done this for awhile, though I didn't do panoramas very often until Lightroom started making it so easy to put them together. Been doing many more lately!

RossCumming

RossCumming

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationScotland

I've used this technique as well for multi-shot HDR so I know when the start of the sequnce is and the end of the sequence. Simple and effective for anytime you need to separate out images quickly and easily.

I generally hold my hand a 6 inchs / 15 cms in front of the camera, but thats just my technique

dem

dem

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Country Flag
You can also have a different hand gesture to mark the beginning of the series and the end.