Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

complement

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMurfreesboro Tennessee

Site Supporter

I got my best complement yesterday.  I did something I have never done before. I put together a small  book of a few of my favorite photos. When it got here. I showed my wife she was sort of ho hum. She has absolutely no interest in photography. I laid the book on a table .

Last night She asked me how much they cost. . She informed me that she had looked at the book and thinks I have some really nice shots.  She wants me to get a few more printed to give as gifts to her brothers and sisters. WOW. You could have knocked me over with a feather.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Well, congrats! This made me smile--I'm glad she caught your vision. :) You'll have to show us the photos she chooses to have printed...and good going on printing the book! We all probably need to print more--I keep seeing information about how this generation will have no pictures because no one is printing anything and data formats change, so digital is not permanent (inelegantly said, but you get the idea). 

My husband has no interest in photography, but he is always very supportive of my endeavors and occasionally shows off my work to other people, which is always a nice warm fuzzy. Yesterday we were out talking to our neighbor and got a little bit onto the subject of photography. My husband ran into the house and grabbed one of my Milky Way prints off our wall and brought it out to show him. It's nice to have him in my fan club (along with the other member, my mother).

Hope you recovered from your shock. :)

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Thanks Nicole. I do print a few and have them hanging in my study.  I went home a while back for my dads 80th birthday. I found a shot I took around 30 years ago  hanging in all the family  houses I visited and was told almost everyone in the family has an 8x10 of it  hanging somewhere  in their houses.  This has  me thinking of another book..

Maybe I am finally improving in my hobby.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I agree.  I've sold lots of sports photos and it is always fun to know someone liked your photo enough to purchase it.  Recently one of our neighbors lost her mother and she asked if she could use a couple of my images of the neighborhood on some cards she was going to send out as Thank You cards.  I was very honored.  I'm slowly building my own photo gallery in my "man cave" garage.  I've only put up a couple of old film images and one digital image so far, but I have several others planned from both.

On the flip side, my wife is using Topaz Impressions images of some of my images from the neighborhood to put up in our bedroom.  So far we have several with another one on order.  I'm sure we'll remove some and replace them as we move forward, but it is kind of fun.  We have her paintings in several rooms around the house as well and I love to look at them.

Each time I look at any of her paintings and my photos, they bring back happy memories and you just can't beat that!

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

I agree.  I've sold lots of sports photos and it is always fun to know someone liked your photo enough to purchase it.  Recently one of our neighbors lost her mother and she asked if she could use a couple of my images of the neighborhood on some cards she was going to send out as Thank You cards.  I was very honored.  I'm slowly building my own photo gallery in my "man cave" garage.  I've only put up a couple of old film images and one digital image so far, but I have several others planned from both.

On the flip side, my wife is using Topaz Impressions images of some of my images from the neighborhood to put up in our bedroom.  So far we have several with another one on order.  I'm sure we'll remove some and replace them as we move forward, but it is kind of fun.  We have her paintings in several rooms around the house as well and I love to look at them.

Each time I look at any of her paintings and my photos, they bring back happy memories and you just can't beat that!

Agreed.. It is nice to know others like our work . I just got Topaz for my Elements9. Now I need to learn to use both programs more than just cropping and cleaning