Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Recommended repair shop?

fa 28ti repair film fix jam problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

sgirvin

sgirvin

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi everyone, 

First post here (mostly a Pentax guy). My grandfather recently passed away; he was a lifelong Nikon shooter, and over the years amassed quite a collection of film bodies. A few of them currently have problems, and I'd love to get them back into working condition.

I can't imagine that Nikon still services them--is there a place that you have had good experiences with sending old gear in for repair? 

Specifically, if anyone's wondering, there's an FA that seems to have a jammed film winder and a 28Ti that has an electrical problem.

The advance on the FA reads 'S,' but the winder lever is stuck (feels as if it's already been armed) and depressing the shutter does nothing.

On the 28Ti, whenever you move the mode dial, the camera power cycles on and off uncontrollably for about 30 seconds... and then if you get lucky and it stays in the on position, the lens doesn't extend and the motor makes an unhappy sound if you try to focus.

Recommendations/thoughts? Thanks!

calypso

calypso

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country Flag

My F4s has recently developed a fault .......the mirror /shutter appear to be sticking intermittently .Can anyone recomend a service centre  to deal with the problem .

cooltouch

cooltouch

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Sgirvin, have you checked the batteries in your FA? It is a battery dependent camera and that might be all it needs. Haven't a clue about the 28Ti, but it sounds terminal.

You (and calypso) didn't mention your location. Knowing it might help some, but I do know that the shop that is local to me does do mail order. They do good work and their prices are reasonable.  See here:

Professional Camera Repair - Houston, Texas, Sensor Cleaning and Digital Camera Repair

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fa, 28ti, repair, film, fix, jam, problem