Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Shooting around with d750

landscape watter clouds

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

bani12

bani12

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLjubljana

Site Supporter

I would like to share some photos I have taken in the past months. I am extremely happy with my d750 and I think I am photographing more than ever :D.

Please, do comment :)

Regards to all!

Urban

Attached Thumbnails

• 05.jpg
  • 04.jpg
  • 03.jpg
  • 02.jpg
  • 01.jpg

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

Excellent shots.  Looks like the 750 is treating you well.  What lens are you using, as I also have a 750, and using a Sigma 24-105 most of the time.

bani12

bani12

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLjubljana

Site Supporter

Excellent shots.  Looks like the 750 is treating you well.  What lens are you using, as I also have a 750, and using a Sigma 24-105 most of the time.

Thank you, deano! Yes, I like the camera a lot. It's an excellent piece of equipment. I had a flare issue, but after sending it to Nikon service it works perfectly now.

Waterfalls were shot with a Tamron 24-70/2.8 VC, river photos with the new Nikon 20/1.8 and the Astro photo with the Sigma 50/1.4 Art. I try to use all of my lenses :)

How is Sigma 24-105 working for you? I was considering it, but went with the Tamron 24-70 instead.

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLivingston, Scotland

Site Supporter

Stunning images. Those river shots are fantastic.

bani12

bani12

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLjubljana

Site Supporter

Stunning images. Those river shots are fantastic.

Thank you, Rob, for taking the time to look at my images! 

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
Excellent captures bani12

I like the long exposure captures with the water and the contrast&light with the stones. How long did you expose those?

Were these taken in Slovenia?

bani12

bani12

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLjubljana

Site Supporter

Excellent captures bani12

I like the long exposure captures with the water and the contrast&light with the stones. How long did you expose those?

Were these taken in Slovenia?

Thank you Jerry_!

Yes. river shots were taken in Slovenia. Same location but different view, obviously. The first one is a 30 sec exposure and the second one is around 4 minutes, I think. I can check when I get home :) .

I always liked the effect of this kind and I was eager to try it myself when I received ND grad filter and a big stopper.

Edit: I checked and I was mistaken. The first one is 61 sec exposure and last one is 91 sec exposure. 4 minutes was the one I did not upload :). I apologize for the mistake!

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLivingston, Scotland

Site Supporter

Thank you, Rob, for taking the time to look at my images! 

No problem, they really are stunning. I've been looking at upgrading to FX for a while now but still cannot decide between D810 and D750...this has nudged me towards the D750.

bani12

bani12

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLjubljana

Site Supporter

No problem, they really are stunning. I've been looking at upgrading to FX for a while now but still cannot decide between D810 and D750...this has nudged me towards the D750.

Thank you again! As I wrote before, I am extremely happy with the d750. The tilt screen comes in handy, the AF works in really dark places and it is very accurate. Coming from DX sensor (Pentax K-3) myself, noise level is way better on d750 too :)

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

All are very nice. I particularly like the water shots with long exposures. 

I should get a ND filter and try this myself one day. 

bani12

bani12

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLjubljana

Site Supporter

All are very nice. I particularly like the water shots with long exposures. 

I should get a ND filter and try this myself one day. 

Thank you alden!

I like the effect of ND filters (smooth water and silky clouds) and that is the reason why I bought them :) . You should get one for yourself ;)

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

banl12, I am really liking my Sigma 24-105 but I think you would be just as satisfied with the Tamron equivalent, 24-70.  I also sent in my 750 for the flaring issue.  They took care of it and returned in a total of six days.

Alden,I am also using my ND filters more than I thought I would.

bani12

bani12

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLjubljana

Site Supporter

I also sent in my 750 for the flaring issue.  They took care of it and returned in a total of six days.

Wow! Your d750 was fixed really quickly! Mine took 17 days in total. I took it to Slovenian official service, but they had to send it to Germany for some reason. Fortunately everything was OK when I received it so it was worth the wait.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: landscape, watter, clouds