Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tamrac Pro 12 Bag

tamrac pro 12 bag

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLivingston, Scotland

Site Supporter

Any thoughts or reviews on this bag. I'm thinking of getting one. It's not as big as the Pro 13, but I think it should be big enought for what I have at the moment

D7100, 1 Flash gun, Nikon 70-300, Nikon 50mm and Sigma 10-20mm. Plus all my filters, cards, cables and general bit and bobs.

81zXV3DtNdL._SL1500_.jpg

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Have you checked that there is room for the 10-20? Tamrac partitions often are difficult to get to suit physically large equipment.

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Boy, bags are really a mixed bag. LOL Seriously though, this thing looks great but I wince at the thought of carrying it on my shoulder all day. But, then... I have a closet full of camera bags that didn't for one reason or other work out.

Things to check. The aforementioned lens fit. It can be tricky. I've also had problems with some bags that don't accommodate 'pro' cameras or cameras with battery grips attached. If you use a grip on your 7100 you need to take that into consideration.

There is really no substitute for having the bag in hand and seeing if you can fit everything comfortably. As I said though... it looks very nice and Tamrac makes some nice bags. 

--Ron

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

My primary shooting bag these days is a Billingham 335 with two 9-18 and one 8-18 superflex for the lenses (14-24, 35/2 O-Nikkor, 50/1.8 AF-D , 85/1.8AF-D and a 70-300 VR) and a 7-15 for a SB-600 and a SB-910. In a pinch I can get both a D700 and a D300 mounted on the larger lenses in there, but normally the D300 stays at home. I have an old, now discontinued stowaway pouch for the 50 so it can share with the 35. These bags are not cheap, but I like them.

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

I've now seen a few reviews on youtube and it does look like it will take a few good sized lenses and fit my D7100 with my grip attached.

Found this other pic of it

Attached Files

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

I have an older Tamrac bag a bit smaller than this one I and I like it.

It holds one camera and three extra lenses (four total) and some accessories. 

OTRTexan

OTRTexan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAll over the USA

Just saw this post so it may be too late. I have this bag. Now that being said, I don't have a ton of gear, nor a pro body. I bought it with the idea of future expansion. I measured it to make sure that my d3200 with the tameron 150-600 would fit in the top. I currently only have the kit lens and the 70-300, and of course have no issues. If you haven't made any decisions yet, and have specific questions, I'd be happy to help.

etphoto

etphoto

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationCincinnati
My first bag was a Tamrac, used for about a year. (still got a Tamrac rolling case I'm still using). Domke makes the best bags, hands down (in my opinion, lol)

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Just saw this post so it may be too late. I have this bag. Now that being said, I don't have a ton of gear, nor a pro body. I bought it with the idea of future expansion. I measured it to make sure that my d3200 with the tameron 150-600 would fit in the top. I currently only have the kit lens and the 70-300, and of course have no issues. If you haven't made any decisions yet, and have specific questions, I'd be happy to help.

Thanks, I'm looking for a bag that can take all of my equipment and have a bit of room to grow. I have a D7100, 70-300mm, 10-20mm and a 50mm (looking to get a macro and an 85mm in the future). Also want to be able to have by battery grip attached to the D7100. Plus all the cleaning gear, filters, cables and things like that.

Do you think this would all fit in?

OTRTexan

OTRTexan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Country Flag

You won't have an issue. You'll be able to put all you have, and what you plan to have, plus some I think. It has places for 6 seperated lenses, plus one attached to your camera body for 7. Or you could put a strobe in one of them. There are two large pockets on the front of the bag, plus 2 smaller ones on the sides, then the zipper pouches inside the top. I currently keep my 70-200 attached with the lens hood, in the top slot, and I could still put another body opposite it as it sits. Once I get the 150-600mm, that won't be an option. From the dimensions I've found, it will only fit in the top center slot because of it's length. Let me know if you need more info.

PS. The only thing I wish this bag had was an emergency rain cover. I keep a hefty bag in one of the pockets...

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

You won't have an issue. You'll be able to put all you have, and what you plan to have, plus some I think. It has places for 6 seperated lenses, plus one attached to your camera body for 7. Or you could put a strobe in one of them. There are two large pockets on the front of the bag, plus 2 smaller ones on the sides, then the zipper pouches inside the top. I currently keep my 70-200 attached with the lens hood, in the top slot, and I could still put another body opposite it as it sits. Once I get the 150-600mm, that won't be an option. From the dimensions I've found, it will only fit in the top center slot because of it's length. Let me know if you need more info.

PS. The only thing I wish this bag had was an emergency rain cover. I keep a hefty bag in one of the pockets...

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll be ordering the bag at the end of the month. Looking forward to getting it and finally having a home for all my gear, just got my 85mm lens so extra kit to pack. I also have a National Geographic back pack that I'll use for when I go hiking but the Pro 12 will be my main bag for lugging my kit around.

OTRTexan

OTRTexan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Country Flag
Glad to be able to contribute useful info here vs asking a plethora of questions lol.

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Took delivery of my bag yesterday, spent most of last night playing with it and arranging my kit, everything fitted perfectly and I still have room left, it's exactly what I needed. It's very sturdy and all dividers are customisable and can be removed and placed where I need them. All lenses including my sigma 10-20mm fit in no problem. I even have room for my Panasonic hd camcorder.

The one thing that was worrying me was my cokin filters and lens fitting, however they all fit in too.the only kit I don't have in at the moment is my chargersI but that's not really an issue.

With all my kit in and having my battery grip on the 7100, I still have room for my lastolite 22cm speedlight softbox folded up on top.

Great bag, so glad I went for this one.

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

A Couple of images of me with the new bag. Must say, it's turning out to be one of the best bags I've ever had,

Attached Files

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Well I've had the bag for over 3 months now and it's still giving me what I want out of a camera bag, I've added to my filter collection and got a few other things since buying it. Still have plenty of room. A little heavy but still loving it.

Afterimage

Afterimage

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPennsylvania

Well I've had the bag for over 3 months now and it's still giving me what I want out of a camera bag, I've added to my filter collection and got a few other things since buying it. Still have plenty of room. A little heavy but still loving it.

I picked a Tamrac Pro 12 off of eBay using bits of this conversation to help me decide. Choosing a bag without seeing it is really hard! But the Tamrac Pro 12 ended up being perfect for my needs as well. 

I use it to gear up for a shoot so I can carry everything I think I need

OTRTexan

OTRTexan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Country Flag
I really like mine. Most of the time however for me, I load what I need into my tamrac expedition backpack and head out.