Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brooke Lee Models - Gladstone Workshop

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland

I helped out on of the modeling agency with some photos at their local workshop. They have been really helpful with getting a start with my photography business so I thought I would help them out. MUCH bigger job than I anticipated. Was a full day, with 21 girls, split between two photographers (thankfully I decided to enlist some help). The other photographer wanted to work on her studio style of shots, so i was left with the outdoor, natural ones.

Just the weather was pretty terrible and the venue provided very little inspiration for locations. But I persevered as best I could.

All but three of the girls had never experienced anything like this. Lucky I had one of the agency's very experienced models there guiding them.

A full day, 156gb of raw files, 3535 images. Now for the huge job of culling them down and processing them. These are just the first few that caught my eye.

18833462996_70576a39b9_c.jpg

Brooke Lee Models by Crew One Photography, on Flickr

18239110873_e78181cefb_c.jpg

18862576561_e25941dfb3_c.jpg

18237310254_8875f97596_c.jpg

18862661821_19c9196145_c.jpg

Still have so many more to get through.....

Wired

Wired

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
Pretty solid images you've created. Can't wait to see more!!!

That's a ton of images though
..holy crap. How many per girl?

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag

18864253881_c07e73365f_c.jpg

Pretty solid images you've created. Can't wait to see more!!!

That's a ton of images though
..holy crap. How many per girl?

We pretty much run each of them through a similar routine. Some standing poses, some walking, some sitting and then whatever else took my fancy at the time. They ranged down to pretty young, and obviously didn't really have the maturity to hold a pose. These were some of the older girls.

The agency would like 10 shots per girl between the two photographers. But really if I could manage 3 to 5 I'd be happy. I really did have a hard time with it. Also why the processing is pretty heavy. To obscure ugly backgrounds.

Wired

Wired

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Yes, the environment can be a nasty thing. Can be hard to work with depending on the scenery and mid day lighting conditions

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag

I couldn't work out why my CF cards were playing up. I'd take a serious of photos and get an error, or an unusually long wait time. I have 2 x 64gb CF cards and when the second started playing up I decided to pull it out and use one of my 64gb SD cards that was already in the secondary slot. Wasn't until I got home and realised the problems were because both cards were full and over flowing the data to the secondary SD card. I've never come close to filling one card before, let alone make it onto my third 64gb card. Lucky I still had one more 64gb SD card up my sleeve had I required it.

Wired

Wired

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Yea I've been there. That D810 eats memory for breakfast and still wants a morning snack. It's been liberating shooting with the K3 all month as I don't feel the memory crunch. I got four sessions on one 32gb card and only half full.

I only average 40 frames per one hour session though. Would like to get that down to 20 with 15 keepers :)

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag

18874889122_db762a0da3_c.jpg

18875466692_b184864d07_c.jpg

18260554074_2cd0e66993_c.jpg

18264352073_23d68ef56f_c.jpg

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I have, on purpose, filled a 64GB card with my D4 a couple of times.  Definitely makes for quite a few images to go through.  I was impressed with the number of images I could shoot on the one card.  Most recently I was shooting 4 baseball games over 2 days.  Usually I shoot one day and have saved the images off so I start fresh on day 2.  That time I kept shooting until I filled the card just to see how far I could get if I encountered a situation where I needed to shoot more before I had a chance to dump images.  Worked well and I had plenty of room to finish the games on a backup 32GB card.  In this particular instance, I was shooting RAW to the XD card and JPEG to the CF card.

Nice images DC!  It sounds like an interesting (and mutually beneficial) assignment!

Wired

Wired

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

I have, on purpose, filled a 64GB card with my D4 a couple of times. Definitely makes for quite a few images to go through. I was impressed with the number of images I could shoot on the one card. Most recently I was shooting 4 baseball games over 2 days. Usually I shoot one day and have saved the images off so I start fresh on day 2. That time I kept shooting until I filled the card just to see how far I could get if I encountered a situation where I needed to shoot more before I had a chance to dump images. Worked well and I had plenty of room to finish the games on a backup 32GB card. In this particular instance, I was shooting RAW to the XD card and JPEG to the CF card.

Nice images DC! It sounds like an interesting (and mutually beneficial) assignment!

16mp vs 32 ;)

But that would be fun to hear that shutter go!!!

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag

Still slowly working my way through these....

18702772758_e533432251_c.jpg

18736616039_63d9b515dd_c.jpg

18735372588_e5c8eb738a_c.jpg

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Wired - I know...My point was that having done it with a 16mp, I understand it takes lots of images to fill up even at 32mp.  No matter how many cards you fill up, its what you put on them that counts!

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag

My problem was I was put under a fair amount of pressure from the organisers to get, what I think is an unrealistic quantity of photos of each girl. And that was before I saw the venue and the lack of locations to shoot in. So due to this I was in a hurry and trying to at least take as many photos as possible to get a good range of options.

Plus we did a walking shot that each girl repeated twice. I was in machine gun mode for this. This all contributed to me taking far more photos than I normally would.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

What a fun shoot though! You got some great results--are they (models and agency) pleased?

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag

What a fun shoot though! You got some great results--are they (models and agency) pleased?

From what they have seen in these pictures they are... But then again for these I have cherry picked the best out of them. How pleased they will be with the others remains to be seen. Whilst some I have a good number of pictures, these girls are obviously the better, more suitable models. Some, I'm sad to say may need to reconsider what they would like to do... Sorry I know that is offensive, But I love to play guitar, but know I can't be a musician....

Some others are just way too young or immature. But that is youth. I have some I'm not bothering to put on my flickr page as I use those images as a host on my web page and only want ones I am happy with on there.

edit: Saying all that for the majority of them it was their first experience posing in front of a camera. And this truly isn't easy and doesn't come natural to most people. Some time in front of a mirror practising poses could help a number of them.

Fortunately the other photographer who was using a studio set up inside seems to have got some good pictures of them.

A couple more

18350830154_a7cb27e8d5_c.jpg

18787273169_b0d122aeb8_c.jpg

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag

A couple more.... I wanted to get one of each girl out of the way first so they could all get to see a picture of themselves. I need to provide some more images as they are being used to produce a book for each girl, so now I am going through and processing up some of each of the girls. I think I will have to provide about 3 photos each.

This girls is one of my favourites from the day. I think she is just stunning. She was so easy to work with and this was her first time doing this.

18932700989_c2b50073f3_c.jpg

Plus she has some amazing legs...

18512031393_54e357904e_c.jpg

I think this young lady photographs really well too.

18510923243_1b0348fff4_c.jpg

18945441310_5205ed6f69_c.jpg

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag

Almost had too many processing options for this one.

18517331443_2d83039799_c.jpg

18519033693_dcb57a334e_c.jpg