Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon S9600 shutting off after very few shots

battery s9600 power charging battery

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Georgie Moon

Georgie Moon

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
Hello, this is my first post...
I bought a new Nikon Coolpix S9600 about two months ago, and I like it very much, but I am having problems with the camera turning off suddenly as though the battery is exhausted. If I insert a fully charged Nikon battery, the camera works fine for as long as it is turned on, then if I turn it off, it refuses to come back on again. Sometimes I have only taken 20-30 shots, and then turn the camera off, wait a few minutes, turn it on, it won't start. Bizarrely, if I change the battery for another charged one, the same thing happens. Then, if I replace the second battery with the first battery, it will start up again for a few more shots before it fails again.
I do not know if this is a battery problem or camera fault.
Can anyone help, please?

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

Anything remotely wrong with it like that I would take it straight back.

But no, sorry, I have no idea what is wrong with it.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I agree with Russ...I'd take it back...

While it doesn't sound like this is your issue, leaving the camera on will use battery power.  Depending on how long the camera is left on and how many images are taken with flash, I have found that the amount of images per charge can vary significantly between one charge and another.  Again, I don't think this is your issue, but throwing that info out for future reference.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battery, s9600, power, charging battery