Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Any Cam Ranger users around here?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

I'm looking for a programmable pan-tilt head for time lapse photography, and the brand I am most familiar with is eMotimo--I've tried it out and really like it. However, there is no way to do bulb-ramping with just the eMotimo (as far as I understand it). It appears that you'd have to add another accessory, such as the Promote (which I have been introduced to, but I haven't tried it out).

I've had my eye on the Cam Ranger for awhile, and I just realized they sell a pan-tilt head along with the Ranger…and according to them, you CAN do bulb-ramping with the Cam Ranger. This seems like a great setup with a smaller price tag. 

There is one thing that makes me hesitate to buy the Cam Ranger--I'm not sure I'd be able to use it on rails. The eMotimo can be used to automate movement across a rail, but I can't tell if the Cam Ranger can do that. I definitely want to add some rails to my time lapse gear at some point.

I'm just wondering if anyone on the forums has used the Cam Ranger--hoping for opinions and reviews.