Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Camera Shops - Orlando, Florida

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

RossCumming

RossCumming

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationScotland

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help me; one of my friends is visiting Orlando Florida in June and is wanting to know what camera shops there are there. Is there anyone here who knows the area and can advise? Specifically he is looking at Sony Alpha equipment (camera bodies).

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Ross

OTRTexan

OTRTexan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAll over the USA
I just did a quick Google search, and it doesn't look good. There are 3 shops in the area, but the reviews are less than stellar. Looked like the best bet is to drive to Tampa.

Nikonite

Nikonite

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Hello Ross I live in Orlando. I honestly can't recommend any of the camera shops in Orlando and do most of my shopping mail order from B&H and Adorama. However, there are several Sony shops on International drive. If you don't know International drive is a tourist haven. There are thousands of shops and restaurants in which one can spend all day. It has been my experience that you can do great with clothes and the like on International drive, but not so much electronics, photography and video. Tell your friend thanks for the visit. He's effectively paying my taxes and I appreciate it!   

Oh . . ... one more thing Ross. Cash is king on International drive as well as Orlando in general. The one and probably only way to deal on International drive in a Sony shop is cash.

RossCumming

RossCumming

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationScotland

Hey guys, many thanks for the replies!

We did do a Google search also and didn't really come up with anything either which is why I thought I would ask around here as there so many people here who are always happy to help out.

Nikonite, I'll pass on your regards for paying your taxes ;-)

One day I'm going to get out that way myself to see what all the fuss is about :-)

Cheers!

Ross

OTRTexan

OTRTexan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAll over the USA
There ya go. I travel all over the US, and look for camera shops all over. A Google search and reading reviews tells me if it's worth checking out. Just have to keep in mind to read ALL the reviews and not just the one or two bad ones. No company can make everyone happy, and some people, no one can make happy!

Nikonite

Nikonite

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Orlando is a great town for conventions, theme parks and vacations. Past that I can't give it any better than anywhere else. I've actually been in those Sony shops on International drive. The prices were no better than Sears. The only plus I could see is that there was a lot of high end products that you will NOT find in Sears.