Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

mpeg to dvd

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

PeteD

PeteD

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi

I recently agreed to video a boxing match. I have the files from the boxing and I can get them to play on my pc but the club asked if I could burn a dvd for them, no problems I said. How wrong could I be. I can edit in PS but the render video does not play in a DVD player. I can import to MS movie maker and then render again so that I can convert to DVD in Windows DVD maker. Should be alright but in my DVD player the heads are cut off so I'm doing something wrong.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks Pete

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi Pete,

While I have never done this, just a question:

You mention that "the heads are cut off", which I read as "the upper part of the picture is not included".
Could it be an issue between the 2/3 ratio of the censor and the 3/4 or 9/16 ratio of the TV screen (or some of the options you have to set during the conversion process on the aspect ratio that you want to render the film)?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Sounds like an aspect ratio setting problem to me too. As I am not familiar with Microsoft tools I can't help more than that.