Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Just ordered a P900!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

asque2000

asque2000

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPortland, ME

Just thought i would drop a early file in from the P900,it was poor light and hand held at full zoom

attachicon.gifDSCN0361.jpg

Great photo! My two biggest gripes have been the poor lighting issue (which you've seem to bypass) and the slow processing, other than that it's been a fantastic camera! Here's my favorite shot I've taken with it. 

18708045699_999f919067_b.jpgEastern Bluebird by Seth Davis, on Flickr

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth East Lincs

Great photo! My two biggest gripes have been the poor lighting issue (which you've seem to bypass) and the slow processing, other than that it's been a fantastic camera! Here's my favorite shot I've taken with it. 

18708045699_ef6c0d643d_b.jpgEastern

Bluebird by Seth Davis, on Flickr

Thats a great image,what jpeg settings are you using IE vivid ? and what have you got the sharpening ect set to

asque2000

asque2000

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPortland, ME

18708045699_ef6c0d643d_b.jpgEastern

Bluebird by Seth Davis, on Flickr

Thats a great image,what jpeg settings are you using IE vivid ? and what have you got the sharpening ect set to

I think I have it set to the basic stuff, Standard Image control, no boost in sharpening etc. If I do any editing it's on the computer not through the camera. I tried using Vivid at one point but I really didn't like how it was not getting the colors right, so I try to set everything to the default camera settings (except noise reduction, which I have that on low). 

dennyb61

dennyb61

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country Flag

There are some great videos taken of the moon with the P900 pretty cool camera,  I wish it shot raw files for my preferences