Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Just ordered a P900!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

asque2000

asque2000

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPortland, ME
I'm a bit scared as I don't typically like purchasing anything until it has been put through the ropes, but I think Nikon's Coolpix super zooms have a pretty decent reputation. I plan on using it mainly for birding, so hopefully it will be worth it!

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

I hope you will share the images with us as you get to know the camera! Congrats on your new tool--hope it comes soon. :) 

asque2000

asque2000

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPortland, ME

Ugh! Pre-ordered shipped Friday, supposed to make it here yesterday. Status says "delivered"... package in mail or at doorstep... Now for the hoops to get another one sent.  

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

No!!! Did someone take it off your doorstep??? How frustrating...

Who did you order it from? When I order camera gear online, I usually go through B&H, and they usually make you sign for it--the delivery company can't just drop it and go (maybe that depends on how expensive the gear is).

So who do you approach to get it replaced? The delivery company or the company you bought it from?

asque2000

asque2000

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPortland, ME

I got it from Amazon.  I don't think it was taken from doorstep (I'm pretty secluded) I think it was just delivered to wrong address, since mail came at 3 pm and it was delivered at 1:30 pm. Amazon is pretty good about sending replacements if you call them. I contacted them and they asked me to wait until mail comes on Monday, and if it doesn't arrive, they'll send a replacement or refund the cost.  I'm not too concerned, just frustrated because I want to play with the 83X zoom!

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Well, that's a relief. Sorry you have to wait to play with it! :)

asque2000

asque2000

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPortland, ME
Well it finally came! I got to play around with it a bit and I'm pretty impressed! I don't think it'll replace the DSLR anytime soon but it works. My only gripe (and I anticipated this) is that especially in continuous mode, it takes a while to process the shots. I have a Class 10 SD card, but perhaps purchasing one with faster read/write can improve that a bit. Here's a photo of a Chickadee I saw about 20-25 feet away.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

asque2000

asque2000

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPortland, ME

Just to update, I did end up getting a much faster SD card and that helped out a ton. Still a little lag when processing 4-7 continuous shots, but nothing that is unbearable. Specifically I got a Sandisk Extreme Pro with read/write at 95/90 mbps. 

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

Yep, those are the ones to get.

weebee

weebee

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Country Flag

I'm hoping to get one of these as well before too much longer. I like my P600. And I'm betting the P900 can only be better.

1Hunter1

1Hunter1

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

ya but when will they be available????

asque2000

asque2000

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPortland, ME

ya but when will they be available????

I'm not too sure, I pre-ordered mine and got it the day before it was technically released. I have heard Nikon has been having trouble filling the orders as it's a pretty popular camera. I read somewhere a month or two ago that they are going to try and increase production, but it sounds like they're still behind quite a bit. 

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

It looks like it is available on the Nikon USA, link here,  site so I'm guessing they're around somewhere....

1Hunter1

1Hunter1

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

ya but no warranty on a us camera in canada

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Try Nikon Canada...maybe one of the folks from Canada can chime in with a place where you can purchase one with a Canadian warranty.  

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth East Lincs

I have just replaced my P610 which i found to be great,with a P900 not had the light to try it yet.

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth East Lincs

Just thought i would drop a early file in from the P900,it was poor light and hand held at full zoom

DSCN0361.jpg

weebee

weebee

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Country Flag

Hey Mike! Trying new places?? LOL

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member