Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is the F3HP good for...

f3 nikon film 35mm f3hp hp analog f3t

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

ddmvecj

ddmvecj

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationToronto

I just tested my F3HP- it would not power up with 2.7v. New battery- works fine.

Gives me hope :)

Brian

Brian

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Country Flag

What's the verdict???

Did the F3HP work, or is it down for the count?

I have one from KEH that was bought with "MTR NG". The meter was good after cleaning the contacts. Post back the results.

ddmvecj

ddmvecj

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationToronto

What's the verdict???

Did the F3HP work, or is it down for the count?

I have one from KEH that was bought with "MTR NG". The meter was good after cleaning the contacts. Post back the results.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for asking.

So I bought a lithium battery (1 large cell instead of 2 smalls) last week and I shot with the F3 all weekend at very cold temperature (-25C) and everything worked perfectly !!

I could finish a 24 exp film without having any issue :)

And I fell in love with the camera... So easy and fast to use. And the crank sound is just... Aaaah the crank sound... I mean it's a detail but we all know it's a big difference right :P

Brian

Brian

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Country Flag

That's great! F3 is a great camera- Even the "INOP" from KEH "OP"d after cleaning the contacts. THAT ONE would have been in your hands if yours had failed.

Somehow.... I've ended up with Five F3's. Four F3HP's and an F3AF.

Brian

calypso

calypso

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country Flag

Ive been using the F3 for a long time now . I have come to prefer it to the more sophisticated F4s which i also have . The F4 is too complicated internally and doesnt offer the same reliability as the F3 . I have the full range of lenses bar the f1.2 50mm and find the 28mm a very usefull size to have around including the 135mm and std f1.4 50mm . One item you may find useful is the electronic flash converter (i think its designated AS4 ) which enables the later type flash units to be used on the rather quaint F3 flash mounting .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: f3, nikon, film, 35mm, f3hp, hp, analog, f3t