Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Problem with connecting to IPad, or any smart device

s9700 coolpix wifi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

kelsosouza

kelsosouza

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello! I've just recently purchased a S9700 CoolPix, and was beyond excited about the awesome wifi features, however, to my dismay, the wifi doesn't seem to be working. 

I've read other people's troubles with the wifi, and they just needed a memory card, something I already have installed into the camera, so that is not the problem. 

I've watched the video on the Nikon website, and while the wifi connectivity looks quite easy, my camera's settings fail to show "Connect to Smart Device" as a highlighted option to click on. 

I already downloaded the Nikon wifi app to my Ipad, thinking maybe that was the problem, and yet no such luck. 

Please help! How do I connect my coolpix to my IPad!!?

Kelsey

michaelwales

michaelwales

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I have exactly the same problem with connecting to wifi with my new S9700. I have a 64GB memory card inserted but the "connect to wifi" remains greyed. I have tried to change channel but this does nothing.

bobswift

bobswift

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

I'm writing this on Feb 26, 2015, exactly 2 months after purchasing my Coolpix s9600 in its factory-sealed box. Shortly after the store's (Best Buy) warranty expired the problems began. It's made two round trips to the authorized repair service for lens protector problems, and I finally got it back Monday. (There was a week-long parts delay on the second cycle.) I'm leaving for Europe next Monday, which gives me very little time to debug the wi-fi issue.

I've downloaded and read very carefully all pertinent parts of the excellent PDF manual. The camera has a card installed, it has just been recharged to a steady green light. The iPad to which I'v added the recommended software IMMEDIATELY recognizes the s9600, but the s9600 either "negotiates" or stalls and spins its blocks at a screen that is calling for a password. Unfortunately under OPTIONS "Password is greyed out." So I'm stuck. Can anyone HELP?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: s9700, coolpix, wifi