Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikkor AF-S 300 f4 FL VR lens coming

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

funny peculiar

funny peculiar

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWellington

I see the Nikon Rumors website is confident that the long awaited upgrade to the non VR version of this lens is on its way.

Hooray - i've been waiting for this for 2 years and have been keeping a space in my gear bag for it.  Likely to be a very good lens for us who are keen amateur sports or wildlife shooters but who either can't afford or don't like the weight of the f2.8 version.  

funny peculiar

funny peculiar

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWellington

And it's shipping end of this month

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I will be interested to take a look at it and read the reviews.  Certainly a smaller lens is always nice to have.  I don't think I would replace my 200-400, but just maybe I could work it out to go with this lens and get the 400 2.8 for the more serious work...

funny peculiar

funny peculiar

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWellington

Initial sample shots are impressive.  And Photography Life website has a good feeling about it.  Good for you and your plans.  I'm on a budget and plan to have this lens coupled with my new Tamron 150-600 which got its first outing yesterday.  See sample image below.  All good I think for these two lenses except on low light.

gallery_1037_427_584259.jpg