Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wacom Graphire 3 w/Photoshop cc 2014

photoshop cc 2014 wacom graphire 3 windows 7 pro

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Has anyone tried this combination? I have an old Graphire 3 tablet that I used to use with another computer and I'd like to try it on PsCC 2014. However, I realize that it's pretty old in tablet years so before I go to the trouble of downloading and installing drivers or this thing I thought I'd ask here. The OS is Windows 7 Pro if that makes a difference. 

I noticed that the Wacom site only has references to their tablets working with the non cc version of Photoshop. I haven't seen any references to Photoshop CC even for their newer tablets. I can't imagine them not working though. That's a pretty sizable market to pass up. Thanks in advance.

--Ron

Rage

Rage

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

Wacom has a driver for your tablet/OS combination. So I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

Here you can find it:

http://us.wacom.com/...legacy-drivers/

• Ron likes this

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Wacom has a driver for your tablet/OS combination. So I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

Here you can find it:

http://us.wacom.com/...legacy-drivers/

Hi Rage,

Thanks for the link. I appreciate it. In doing some detective work I've discovered that Adobe changed some code in Photoshop CC 2014 that makes using old tablets and drivers problematic. However, there is a posted fix for the problem... which has to do with changes Microsoft made to Windows with Windows 8 and 8.1. Seems they handle touch interfaces a bit differently than had been done in the past. 

--Ron