Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pentax K-30 gone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMurfreesboro Tennessee

Site Supporter

But just temporarily. I have been shooting since the middle 70's and have never had to return a camera  for warranty repairs. Till now. I purchased the K-30 from a shop in Canada since Canada offers a 2 year warranty as opposed to 1 year in the U.S.. I have 2 weeks left on the warranty . Any way last weekend I went to change the battery  so I could charge the one in the camera. Pentax uses a battery retainer inside the battery compartment . It was broken. The camera still works but I am not sure if the spring loaded battery would compromise the weather sealing  by putting pressure on the door or not so off it went to Canada yesterday. I guess my other cameras will get more time  out with me for a while. Maybe a good time to use my film bodies a bit more as well. I just placed an order for some film .

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

Good time to buy a/nother Nikon!

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMurfreesboro Tennessee

Site Supporter

Good time to buy a/nother Nikon!

Always willing to take donations. :D  Towards another body.