Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Best Photo, Week Ending 14 December 2014

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Sometime before midnight (whatever time zone you are in) this Sunday, 14 December, post the best photo you have taken this week. Any subject, any style--just give us your best shot.

PS: If you can, list your EXIF info and any special lighting setups you may have used.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The only thing is –There is no editing challenge this week, we reboot on Jan. 3rd.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

The only thing is –There is no editing challenge this week, we reboot on Jan. 3rd.

Oops--thanks for the reminder. I will edit to reflect that.

greatscott94

greatscott94

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSurrey, BC

Site Supporter

15347088874_bda7bac06c_b.jpg

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Scott, you've been doing some awesome concert work lately! I love seeing it--it's all very dynamic and full of expression. And you're doing wonders with the light!

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

This is a photograph of a live video feed from last week. I wish I could have been there to photograph it myself. 

DSC_3326-L.jpg

Each of those engine generates over 2,000 horsepower. 

In contrast, here is a one horsepower buggy. This sits in front of the Grand Floridian Hotel at WDW.

DSC_2966-L.jpg

Next to it is this old Caddy. 

DSC_2965-L.jpg

D610, ISO 100, Focal Length 50mm,  Aperture f/2, Exposure Time 0.0125s (1/80

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Love the contrast, alden!   :)

I'm in early this week. Been shooting a bit more for the cookbook--last night we did a pizza margherita. Pretty good…love it with a bit of balsamic vinegar drizzled over it. Saturday looks to be an all-day shoot for the cookbook--the author has been out of the country and is now anxious to get back to work. Hope I survive, heh heh.

15962952336_be0e34584c_b.jpgPizza margherita by nbanjogal, on Flickr

D600, Nikkor 85mm, f/3.2, 1/20, ISO 200, flash in softbox behind and to the left, white cards on right and in front. Would have preferred natural light, but we lose it so early these days!

This is a reshoot--first shoot I learned the hard way that basil is not to trifled with. It is not to be baked or cut too early if you want it looking at all green and appealing. :)

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag
15804789240_6fa534ce59_o.jpg
Grande Place, Brussels (Belgium) by Jerry__

D5100 Sigma 10-20/3.5 10mm f3.5 1/15@ISO3200

When visiting,there was an ongoing lightshow with spots of different colours - which allowed for a better-than-normal light at this moment of the day.

Having the buildings leaning toward the center was achieved by pointing the lens towards the sky.

greatscott94

greatscott94

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSurrey, BC

Site Supporter

Scott, you've been doing some awesome concert work lately! I love seeing it--it's all very dynamic and full of expression. And you're doing wonders with the light!

Very much appreciated :)

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Winter is finally here!

gallery_1251_413_129299.jpg

Body: D300
Lens: 105/4 AI'd
Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter: 1/25
ISO: 200
Profile: D2X Mode3

gallery_1251_413_40689.jpg

Body: D300
Lens: 105/4 AI'd
Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter: 1/30
ISO: 640
Profile: D2X Mode3

I know that I am pushing it, handholding at these speeds and magnifications, but they were meant as test shots to see if it was worth getting the tripod out. They turned out nice, though. To get room for the tripod I would have had to move the bike out of this nice open shade...

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Very nice indeed! Are those studs in your tires? Snow tires? Brave man for riding in the snow, if so.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

They are indeed studded snow tyres, 40 mm wide with 240 studs in each. The bike is a touring bike built on a Crescent aluminium frame with drop bars, a dynohub and SKS Bluemels mudguards.

Snow and ice is fun with a stable, heavy bike, dropbars and studded tyres. If one of these factors is missing, it is more of a chore.

Mr_Leeman

Mr_Leeman

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Country Flag

We are getting in the festive spirit! I put this decoration on the floor, placed some black card in the background and a sheet of white front right. Then I triggered one of son's toys, a bouncing light up ball, to giggle about in the background.

15984205256_52fa03a41c_k.jpgSpecial time by mr_leeman, on Flickr

D3200  |  50mm  |  F11  |  25 sec  |  ISO 100

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Snow and ice is fun with a stable, heavy bike, dropbars and studded tyres. 

Hmmm…never considered this. Maybe it's time to… Good way to keep active during the winter!

We are getting in the festive spirit! I put this decoration on the floor, placed some black card in the background and a sheet of white front right. Then I triggered one of son's toys, a bouncing light up ball, to giggle about in the background.

Well done--and clever use of the bouncing ball. We've got a couple of those, and we have played around with them and slow shutter speeds, but I never thought of using it as a background. Nice!

When visiting,there was an ongoing lightshow with spots of different colours - which allowed for a better-than-normal light at this moment of the day.

Having the buildings leaning toward the center was achieved by pointing the lens towards the sky.

Intriguing and beautiful image, Jerry--I like the leaning effect.

funny peculiar

funny peculiar

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWellington

A strange sight while travelling upcountry this week

gallery_1037_427_76380.jpg

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMurfreesboro Tennessee

Site Supporter

This is probably a stupid question but I need to ask. Are only shots taken with Nikon equipment to be posted here?. I  use 2 systems and my other has had an issue I have been checking out, and used it only it this week instead of my D70. I usually use both systems each week for different situations but this week that did not happen. That does not include my droid that I occasionally use.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Unlike the contests, any camera is allowed in the mini-challenges.

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMurfreesboro Tennessee

Site Supporter

Thanks. The holidays seem to really eat the time up . I took this while at my middle Grandsons last Basketball game Yesterday. I am not sure what she was so interested in.

Elizabeth-side-lit.jpg

Pentax K-30

with Promaster 28-105 f 4-5.6

f8

1/50

iso 1600

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Better late than never :)

It was a very busy week...I got a last minute request to shoot a high school guitar concert and here's a couple of photos from the event...I took the second one as I loved the young man's tie...both shot with my D4, 70-200 at 200mm at f8, 1/500.

Guitar-7549.jpg

Guitar-7583.jpg

We still managed to get everything ready for the movers who loaded the truck on Thursday.  Friday we headed to North Carolina and Saturday they unloaded the truck at the new house.  All three shot with my D600, 24-70 at ISO 200

NCMove121314-5012.jpg

at 24mm, f11, 1/250

NCMove121314-5023.jpg

at 70mm, f11, 1/125

I did this last shot for the heck of it and kind of like the way it turned out, so I included it...

NCMove121314-5050.jpg

at 62mm, f8, 1/200

Looks like I'll at least be able to spend some time working from the new house over the holidays so hopefully I'll be able to pull out some of the gear and get some photos of the wild life and the area.  

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Looks like I'll at least be able to spend some time working from the new house over the holidays so hopefully I'll be able to pull out some of the gear and get some photos of the wild life and the area.  

Good luck getting settled in! Hope we'll see more of your new environment soon!