Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Best Photo, Week Ending 7 December 2014

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Sometime before midnight (whatever time zone you are in) this Sunday, 7 December, post the best photo you have taken this week. Any subject, any style--just give us your best shot.

PS: If you can, list your EXIF info and any special lighting setups you may have used.

PPS: Don't forget to try out the editing mini-challenge. 

greatscott94

greatscott94

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSurrey, BC

Site Supporter

Another weekend another concert... this time it's a local band called Little Wild:

DSC_3315-XL.jpg

Click the photo to view the album.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag
From a walk into the forrest

Nothing you would typically shoot with this type of zoomlens, but that was what was actually mounted, so thought I give it a try.

JVKmfww.jpg

D610 Tamron 150-600/5-6.3 150mm f5 1/160@ISO600

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway
Tried for a plume of burning rocket fuel high in the sky this morning but the Orion launch was scrubbed. Hopefully I'll get a good shot tomorrow. My home is about 60 miles from Merritt Island, so if the sky is clear I can get some good ones.

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

Mayo2-L.jpg

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland

Probably go this one from my first ever photo shoot assignment.

15905330155_db1b771879_c.jpg

Matt and Renee by Crew One Photography, on Flickr

Although I like this one too

15285516283_aba8a2ea7c_c.jpg

Matt and Renee by Crew One Photography, on Flickr

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag

Well no shot this morning. Orion went up on schedule, but we had extremely cloudy skies. I never saw a thing.  :angry:

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I have hardly touched a camera this week, but here is a little abstract anyway.

It is a close-up of some glass beads strung on kevlar line to form the advent star in my window.

gallery_1251_413_220892.jpg

Body: D700
Lens: MicroNikkor 105/4 AI
Aperture: f/8
Shutter: 1/60
ISO: 800
Profile: D2X Mode 3

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Well, my wife "won" our discussion this week about me bringing my cameras down to the new house...I really wanted to try to get some decent pix...turns out she made a good call...just not enough room in my truck to fit everything I needed to bring down, let alone camera gear which would be coming back home anyway...In any case, I've been busy with people delivering and installing and it has been a rainy day...we are the second occupied house on our court and since we were here last, they've started on the house next door.  I sent my wife a phone photo of the "new house next door"

IMG_2123.jpg

I'm going to call it the "Out House"  :)

I did take a short time to relax and visited a nice little brew-pub near the new house that our real estate agent had mentioned...First time my wife had ever found a craft beer that she liked so I was really making a quick stop to pick up some of that to put in the new fridge to surprise her.  Of course, I figured I should sample at least one of their beers that I hadn't tried yet...

IMG_2147.jpg

It was quite good, so I picked up some of that for me and left after the band (started at 6PM) had played a couple of songs.

Definitely going to be carrying my camera more often down here...I could have gotten some great shots of the two guys playing blues and singing...and we were visited by 5 deer again around 9 this morning...saw more of them in the woods across the court when I was out meeting one of the delivery vans...I think the cameras will make the trip next weekend when they officially move in...now I have to figure out why the water heater (brand new) is having an issue and get some other things setup before I head home tomorrow...

Sorry for the phone pix this week, but at least I got something in!

funny peculiar

funny peculiar

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWellington

My daughter Katie dressed as Frida Kahlo

Nikkor 50mm lens ISO 400 f1.4 at 1/400th sec natural light.

gallery_1037_427_721827.jpg

Veloman

Veloman

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationExmouth,Devonshire.UK

Site Supporter

DSC_0106.jpg

My usual Christmas present to my Marine pal from way back(the bottle that is  :) )I thought it an opportunity to make a picture of it for this thread.I took it this morning on my old D80 with the 18-55 lens attached,set on Auto with auto flash to give the shot some highlights.I placed a small LED light behind the bottle to emphasise the colour of the nectar inside,a little tweaking PP to give the picture some seasonal warmth and a slight crop to fill the frame…...Well,this did keep me occupied for an hour on a drab Sunday morning.

PS.A bit previous I know, but the picture gives me the opportunity to wish everyone on here Happy Seasonal Greetings.  :)

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag

DSC_3448-L.jpg

Took this last night with the D610 and Rokinon 85mm lens. 

D610, ISO 6400, Focal Length 85mm (85mm in 35mm), Aperture f/3.5, Exposure Time 0.005s (1/200)

morticiaskeeper

morticiaskeeper

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTewkesbury, Glos
I was just checking the new tripod & speedlight fitted to the brolly bracket, I figured I might as well take a few shots :-)

This was taken in the middle of the living room, Yongnuo 565EX behind a brolly high up to the right, gold reflector held in my left hand about 1ft below the chin.

D80, ISO400, 1/100,f4.5, 46mm. First time using the CLS TTL, set the onboard flash to control only and the speedlight to -0.7.

15781467079_d585d42a25_b.jpg

Not too bad for a five minute snap!

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMurfreesboro Tennessee

Site Supporter

Maybe not the best but one of the funnest. We went to my middle Grandson's Basketball game yesterday. I took an old manual 50/1.8 that a friend wanted my opinion of.  So with it mounted on the d70 I proceeded to  shoot. He is number 6.

The game starts

Shot at f1.8  1/160

jump-ball.jpg

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag

My daughter Katie dressed as Frida Kahlo

Nikkor 50mm lens ISO 400 f1.4 at 1/400th sec natural light.

gallery_1037_427_721827.jpg

This is an incredible shot. Whose idea was it to pose as Frida? 

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Everyone's images are so fabulous this week! I love it! Here's mine:

Little girl hard at work rolling out the dough for some holiday cookies...

15973211605_f2d1b4d758_b.jpgMaking ninjabread cookies by nbanjogal, on Flickr

D600, Nikkor 24–70mm @ 58mm, f/2.8, 1/125, ISO 400, flash off-camera and bounced off white ceiling

This is what she was rolling the dough out for--ninjabread cookies!

15787212529_1fcb9e38c6_b.jpgNinjabread cookies by nbanjogal, on Flickr

funny peculiar

funny peculiar

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWellington

This is an incredible shot. Whose idea was it to pose as Frida? 

Hi Alden

Thanks.  My daughter's idea.  But not for photographic purposes.  She was going to a fancy dress party and Frida was her idea as she admires her as an excellent painter and a strong woman.  It was all a rush job - I wanted natural light but maybe it was a bit too late in the day for that.  She just wanted snaps for Facebook.  I really should at least have had a reflector in play to better light the right side of her face.

She was shocked when I told her how Frida had a pole go through her middle when in a tram accident and had to wear a corset to keep herself together for the rest of her life.