Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D750 Audible noise on Videos from exposure and focus motors

d750 video ae noise on video af noise on video

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

B4Phones

B4Phones

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Just bought a D750 - fantastic image quality, focus speed and video quality.  Only issue I have occurs when recording a video using the cameras mic.  The AE motor noise and AF motor noise can be heard on the video as a series of clicks every time either of these operate.  It sounds like electronic noise rather than the audio noise created from the changes. Almost like electrical interference.  Retailers first answer was that this is normal and I need to be mic'd up so the camera mic isn't used.

Has anyone else had this problem.

Nikonite

Nikonite

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

That sucks! Just out of curiosity are you hearing the clicks on some ultra sensitive Dolby digital audio system or an everyday Joe average audio system?

Kenafein

Kenafein

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Country Flag

I hadn't heard that being an issue with the D750, but cameras have had massive recalls for similar issues.  Sure, an external mic is better, but you shouldn't accept a defect in the provided mic input.  

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I wouldn't accept the retailer's explanation/excuse. I think I would contact Nikon and see what they say about the situation. 

--Ron

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d750, video, ae noise on video, af noise on video