Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon Coolpix Jams after one photo.

shutter

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

b4cksp4ce

b4cksp4ce

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi, I'm having a problem with my Nikon Coolpix L310. 

I searched on the internet but I don’t seem to find someone that had the same problem as me. 

I can only take one photo after it's been turned on. Here is the scenario : 

1. I turn the camera on 
2. I press the shutter and take a photo, everything works normally
3. As soon as the photo has been taken, every other button seem to be blocked. It doesn't do anything when I pressed any of them. Even the shutter button does nothing and I can't take any photo with it. 
4. Once it's been on sleep or reboot (turned off and on again), it starts to works correctly again. 

I should mention that also when it's supposed to works correctly (just after it's been turned on), as soon as I zoom in, it automatically un-zoom to the minimum zoom setting and it blocked again. I have to reboot to be able to take another photo. 

I tried to format the SD card, to change batteries, to reinit. the system to factory settings but nothing changes..

If anyone has an idea, I'd be happy to try it. 

Thanks for your help. 

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

Faulty SD card perhaps...have you tried using a different card?  Does the camera lock up without a card?

b4cksp4ce

b4cksp4ce

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi, thanks for your reply but I think the SD card is working fine, it is readable and the first photo is correctly saved on it. 

I tried to format it just in case but nothing better happen. 

And when I removed it from the camera (it saved on the small camera memory), the camera blocks also after the first photo..

b4cksp4ce

b4cksp4ce

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

So, no one else ? 

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I think most folks here are more familiar with the DSLRs which is why there hasn't been much input.  It sounds like the camera may have been dropped or otherwise damaged to where it is functioning this way.  Damage meaning that even a grain of sand getting in the wrong location on the zoom could cause that issue and the camera knowing there is an issue with the lens may be shutting down.  I'd suggest getting it to someone for repair or for them to at least give you an idea of their thoughts / costs.  You don't say how long you have had it so you may be able to return it to the purchaser or get it fixed under warrenty if it isn't because of damage done to it.

b4cksp4ce

b4cksp4ce

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

Okay, thanks for your answer. 

I know it's not an very expansive camera and my problem is quite specific. 

I will try to dig deeper. 

Have a nice day. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shutter