Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Borrowlenses.com

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

OTRTexan

OTRTexan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAll over the USA
Kudos to Borrowlenses.com for great customer service. I reserved a D750 an 70 - 200mm f2.8 for my days off in a couple weeks, a couple weeks ago. Then, they announced a thanksgiving special with a 10% discount and 4 extra days on the rental, which I was renting for a week. Called them today and asked if I could take advantage of the offer. For it to work, I had to rent for an extra day so that I got into the window. So now with the bonus days, I have the gear for 12 days instead of 7, and with the 10% discount, it's costing me $5 less! Fantastic company

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Nice deal!  I've heard great things about them but have yet to rent from them.  I rented from a local shop several times but they've now gone out of business so I expect I will be renting from BorrowLenses when next I need to rent...

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

I've rented from Borrowlenses and had a great experience. I also like LensProToGo.com…in fact I might prefer them just because they called to chat the first time I rented from them. :) It seemed very personal even though I know they were calling to make sure I was legit. The prices between the two are almost identical once you figure in shipping--Lensprotogo includes shipping in their prices so there's no surprise when you check out like there is with Borrowlenses. I've used them both for long-term rentals, and I use a couple local shops for short-term needs. I should say I *used* local shops--I've sworn off renting for the time being. I checked out my rental history with one of the local shops and discovered that I have spent more than I thought--enough that I could have had a nice chunk to put toward buying one of the lenses that I keep renting. :/

All that being said, I look forward to finding out how you like the 750. I was thinking that my next upgrade would be an 810, but that 750 looks pretty good. (And then there's TBonz who upgraded to a D4--sheesh!)

OTRTexan

OTRTexan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Country Flag
I don't plan on doing a lot of renting, but there is so much I want to accomplish on my days off, I couldn't buy everything I want plus have money to play. And this gives me a chance to try the 750. Honestly I'm still leaning towards the 810, and the d4s is still in the realm of possibilities. I really think that since most of my shooting is landscape and nature, the 810 would serve me better.

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

I've rented from BorrowLenses a number of times, and I have been very pleased each time.

Well, that is until I fall in love with what I rented and end up buying a new copy. :D

But being able to try before I buy is an invaluable service, especially since there are no more local camera shops here any longer.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

The (second) D4 or D4s is currently on the back burner with the expense of relocation, but we aren't throwing it in the freezer - just letting it simmer until after we get settled.  The only remaining local camera shop actually offered me a pretty good deal to sell / trade him my D7000 and my two D600 bodies all with motor bases and my one DX lens (18-135).  I probably could have grabbed the D750 with motor base for very little money...Definitely not enough to grab a D4 or D4s...No biggie anyway as I don't want to do anything until after things settle down...

OTRTexan

OTRTexan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Country Flag
Decided that since I was leaning towards the 810, that I really should be renting it vs the 750 to see if I was going to like it. They had no problem changing the order. Sorry to those looking forward to pics from the 750.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

No need to apologize--the 810 shots will be just as interesting…maybe even more so since that is perhaps my next camera. Though I may stick with my lowly 600 for a couple more years so I can continue collecting lenses. :)

OTRTexan

OTRTexan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Country Flag
I know how you feel. If i wasn't on the end of the nikon totem pole with a 3200, I'd probably feel the same way. The 810 will be a huge step up.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Just FYI for those might be following this thread or interested in renting--just got an email from LensProToGo offering 25% off for a Thanksgiving rental. Here's the text they sent:

25% Off Any 7 Day Order Delivered On 11.24.14

To kick off the holiday season, we wanted to say "Thanks!" by offering a special discount over Thanksgiving weekend!

Place a 7 day rental (or longer) with the delivery date set to
November 24, 2014 and take 25% off your order using the code 
GIVING

If you don't need the gear for a week or need it sooner, take 10% off* your order using the code SHARING. Expires 11.25.14.

OTRTexan

OTRTexan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Country Flag
Borrowed lenses special is 10% off, plus 4 free days on your rental. I had a different 10% discount that went on top of that so ended up with 20% off plus the 4 free days. Sounds like good deals all the way around.