Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Welcome To Nikon Forums!

287 replies to this topic

Tom_T

Tom_T

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi everyone, having just retired recently I’m looking forward to having more time to enjoy this hobby. I have toyed with photography off and since the service and each time the advances have been overwhelming. Going from film to digital and a darkroom to the computer!
On a recent trip to Arizona I decided to bring my camera bag with me and reacquaint myself with my D3300. Before I had a chance to even open the bag someone took it out of the back of my truck. Foolish me forgot to lock the tailgate,besides the camera bag they also got one of our bags. Of course it was the wife’s so a shopping trip ensued.
This event made me rethink my desire to dive back into photography. Well photography won and I’m back in the game. Picked up a D7500 kit, new backpack etc. Now for the fun!
Looking forward to reading and learning from others as I continue on my photography journey.

Dzumak

Dzumak

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi, 

My name is Tomasz. I am new in the forum. I've got D7200 with 18-105mm. I wanna improve my skills that's way I'm here. I hope that I'll find may interesting informations/

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi everyone, 
Looking forward to reading and learning from others as I continue on my photography journey.

Hi, 

My name is Tomasz. I am new in the forum. I've got D7200 with 18-105mm. I wanna improve my skills that's way I'm here. I hope that I'll find may interesting informations/

Welcome to you both! :P

MaLoo

MaLoo

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello everyone,

My photography interests are for doing computer art and album art for my music collections.

Larry (in California)

mrsky

mrsky

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello People, new Nikon Coolpix B700 user!

Dogbytes

Dogbytes

Forum Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCornwall

Hello People, new Nikon Coolpix B700 user!

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your pics. Is the B700 your first Nikon? How’s it working out?

mrsky

mrsky

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your pics. Is the B700 your first Nikon? How’s it working out?

Thank you for the Welcome!  Yes, this is my first Nikon. Having trouble with the 60x focusing on Pictures

and Video. On AF, when you go to almost the limit, subjects are Blurry. I am sure the problem is me.

You tube show wonderful results. However, no one tells you which settings they used.

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

I would like to help you but I'm totally ignorant with this model!

Welcome anyway! :P

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,650 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

First, welcome to the forums!

What are your settings when you get those blurry photos? Shutter speed? VR on or off? Handheld or tripod? If you use a tripod, are the head and legs sturdy enough for the degree of magnification?

bill in pa

bill in pa

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationusa northeast PA

I've ben tying to cut & PASTE FROM NOTE PAD

WITHOUT SUCESS....................EXCUSE CAPS,

BETTER ON MY EYES.  I HOPE THIS GEYS THOUGH???

bill in pa

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,650 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

I've ben tying to cut & PASTE FROM NOTE PAD

WITHOUT SUCESS....................EXCUSE CAPS,

BETTER ON MY EYES.  I HOPE THIS GEYS THOUGH???

bill in pa

Some browsers don't play well with this site. Try another. Pasting on forum sites is usually hit or miss using IE and Edge if the security settings are high.

If the browser behaves, you can use a larger font size to get some eye relief.

bill in pa

bill in pa

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationusa northeast PA

It would seem that nothing works in so far as cutting

and pasting goes but my thinking was to use something

because I am the worlds worst "speller".  Apparently on

this group has a special one is already on board.

Thanks for your in put Merco_61

regards,

bill in pa

Hey Joe

Hey Joe

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationEspinho

Hi,

Miguel ( Michael ), I am new dealing with cams

not a native english 

but looking forward to see what the site can do

my father had one  and I am a Nikon fan for life

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,650 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Hi,

Miguel ( Michael ), I am new dealing with cams

not a native english 

but looking forward to see what the site can do

my father had one  and I am a Nikon fan for life

Welcome to the forums!

s0jiro

s0jiro

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello Nikon community,

I am Han and I'm new to this forum.  The camera(s) that i deal with is the D3000 series, I am having some technical problems with them hopefully someone from the community can help, Thank you.

jmchrislip

jmchrislip

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello!!

I'm Jim and am retiring at the end of the year.  I live in DC and am a Nikon D3500 user. I need some advise on wide angle lenses that are compatible with my D3500. Specifically a 20mm lens that will work with my D3500..

Whodini1

Whodini1

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi Folks,

UK based (NW England) doing mainly landscape and some street (although a little wary of taking an expensive body out in Blackpool!).

Just recently upgraded to a z6 from a D5300.

Mainly joined to ask for advice on lens options for the Z6.

jmchrislip

jmchrislip

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag
Hello all!

New to this forum. In the 70's photography was my hobby. I used a Canon AE-1. I had a small darkroom that I use to make my own prints. I didn't develop the film but I made my own prints.  Fast forward to 2005. I got a Nikon D50 and really enjoyed it. I had the two basic lenses that came with it. I also had a 20mm AF Nikkor lens that I really loved.  Recently I purchased a Nikon D3500 along with a Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens. However I found that my 20mm lens is incompatible with it.  I'm trying to find a Nikon or equivalent 20mm lens that will work with it OR a Nikon body that will accept.

Thanks all
Jim

Tomtom

Tomtom

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello. I am new to Nikon and looking forward to participating in the forum. Likely (100%) that I will be asking questions rather than answering them!

johnnyhow

johnnyhow

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi , I gave myself a Christmas gift of d3500 with 18-55 kit lens to reintroduce myself to dslr photography after a long time . So I guess I am a new DSLR user . Over the coming months I will be familiarising myself with my new hobby . Probably have lots of questions for the forum , some good , some maybe dumb . All replies will be welcomed . When I have got used to it I will upload some images to show my progress and will welcome hints and tips for improvement . Looking forward to getting stuck in .