Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Welcome To Nikon Forums!

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,174 posts
  • Country Flag

Question about new D850 -   I see that it has internal electronic VR in HD recording mode only.   Is it possible for Nikon to release a firmware update in the future that will allow for 4K recording with VR active??   Thanks

You can always use VR in the lens, which is the way to go in general.  Electronic stabilization otherwise greatly degrades image quality, so it should be avoided when that's your goal (i.e. the reason for choosing 4K to begin with).

msmonka

msmonka

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLincoln, NE
Hello! I have enjoyed being a hobbiest for a few years now and am continuously trying to learn and improve. I currently use a 7100 and love it!

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,174 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello! I have enjoyed being a hobbiest for a few years now and am continuously trying to learn and improve. I currently use a 7100 and love it!

Welcome aboard!

photo history buff

photo history buff

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I Have had a fascination with photography for forty odd years, sadly I let it slide and now due to the relatively low cost of digital I am now just getting back into photographing whatever catches my fancy.

Ditto Muttwerx! Greetings to my fellow Nikonians from northern Fauquier County in the Virginia Piedmont region. I too resisted going digital for many years until I finally broke down and started with the Coolpix P5100 which was an awesome little camera and great for traveling with. Now I use the Coolpix P (for "Performance") 7100 for copy work and portability uses. For many years I used the D 200 and it istill a fine camera. More recently I have added a D 300 and a D7100 and a gorgeous "silk, sex and sugar" (as Ken Wheeler, aka "the angry photographer on You Tube likes to say) lens from Japan: the 105 mm AF- D macro/portrait lens.

I am interested in the history of photography and hope to learn from everybody and to contribute to the discussion of the peculiar combination of technical and aesthetic issues which we as photographers today face in the digital era.

And while I must admit to a bit of lust in my heart, no I won't be getting a D 850 anytime soon. I never wanted to make murals!

cwbolyard

cwbolyard

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country Flag
Hey everyone how's it going. I am new to this forum and new to photography. I've been shooting a lot with a Nikon D 3000 and looking to step up. I should primarily wildlife and landscape photography. Hope y'all have a happy Thanksgiving

adem188

adem188

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag
How many members on this forum and is it very active?

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Hi adem188,

According to the main page, there are over 16000 members.  Some of us are more active than others, but we have a great group of folks who are quite willing to help out and share information...