Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Welcome To Nikon Forums!

287 replies to this topic

bell927

bell927

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello all,

New to the forum and new owner of a 5300. I would say I'm a beginner that wants to be a serious hobbyist. Looking to learn and willing to share what 

Jason 

Bobby18120

Bobby18120

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNEW JERSEY

Hello everybody

Finally my dreams come true

ChiefD

ChiefD

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHawaii

Aloha, from Hawaii!  Looking forward to participating in this forum! 

Lixx

Lixx

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello everyone! I finally upgraded from a Lumix DMC- FHC22 point and shoot I've had since 2010 to a Nikon D3400 and it's definitely taken some getting used to. I love to shoot wildlife/birds and landscapes but anything that peaks my interest whether it be urban enviroments or macro shots is game. Try not to limit myself. I've taken tons of vintage japanese toys pics and marco shots with my old point and shoot but again the new Nikon is an adjustment.

Mainly trying to overcome ISO noise (set auto ISO sensitivity to 3200 max with a minimum of 100), the lack of VR on my 70-300mm (trying not to get blurs but the teleconverter doesn't help much in that department except in full sun for some reason- can't afford a 400mm an above zoom), and loads of pixels in my post production (was using iPhoto but I'm using a trial version of Affinity now). I think setting my JPG to fine and medium might help instead of small/normal.

Want to get into long exposure shots night and day but I think I better get a hand on this camera first. Did get a Neutral Density filter for the 55mm lens for day long exposure.

sanjke

sanjke

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country Flag
Hello all,new here and i own a d7000.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sanjke

sanjke

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello from Serbia.

New here with d7000.

Looking forward to what I can learn from this site.

Docgary

Docgary

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country Flag
Hello!

New to forum....back to photography after 35 year hiatus!!

Last camera was a Nikkormat purchased 1970...

Where is the film? Negatives?

No chemicals?

Purchased a P900 last month... quite a learning curve but

No concern over film and processing costs!!!

Any suggestions for tripod?

TIA

GARY

Uncle Pogi

Uncle Pogi

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
Hello from California. My name is Francis and I've been getting into photography for a while now. My first camera was a Sony Cybershot point and shot camera. Then I my niece got a Nikon Coolpix P100 at Costco, so I got one as well. I mainly shot in auto mode and was able to get some good shots. I now shoot with a Nikon D3400 and shoot in Aperture Priority mode mainly. Having so much fun with photography, I'm taking and uploading a picture everyday on intagram and Flickr. I'm also challenging myself to shoot with my iPhone and my Canon Powershot ELPH 100 just to see if I can get professional looking shots. Sorry for the long intro, I'm just excited.

jchery2

jchery2

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Country Flag
Greetings Nikon Forum,
My name is Jerry and I reside in Sarasota, Florida. I have been amateurishly shooting since 2012, after purchasing D7000. My current collection includes:
Speed light sb900
18-105mm
55-300mm
50mm 1:18

I have interest in growing into full frame and as a result have been looking at purchasing:
D800E or D810
Sigma 20mm 1:4 DG ART
Sigma 85mm 1:4 ART

Subject interest include people (mainly my wife because is such a beautiful model), nature, weddings, large gatherings and walking photography. I consider myself an amateur and use every experience for the furthering of knowledge. I actually have a Quinceañera coming up for a coworkers daughter, and my gift is going to be very nice photo's. With that said, I have a lot of practice that I need do with light, absence of light, subject positioning and etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dips

dips

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi there.

This is Stefano, from Milan, Italy.

Just bought my first digital camera, a D3400. With a 18-55 lens.

I was a few decades ago (I am 50 years old) deeply involved (as hobbyst) in photografy . Back then was chemical. And I had all Canon equipments, which I still have, by the way.

I developed and printed  my black&White and color dia. Even some negative film..but the colour filtering process wasn't easy, despite in my dark room I also had colour meters etc etc.

Then I stopped taking picture all together.

Now I am back.

Bought the D3400 because I don't want to choose yet between a 'classical' full frame reflex or a mirrorless full frame. And wasn't ready to several thousands euros purchases.

I intend to focus on black&white. 

Later,

Stefano.

morrigan_2575

morrigan_2575

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
Hello!

Brand new to the forum and pretty new to SLR in general. Hoping to learn a lot to help me take better pictures.

NikonDiva

NikonDiva

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello,

My name is Vanessa (NikonDiva), I just love Nikon and my beautiful D7000.  I had the oppportunity to shoot a wedding with a professional photography and absolutely loved it.  I loved it so much, I went and bought this camera and two lens (85 mm, 70-200 mm,) I hope to be a professional myself someday.  Right now I just love taking pics of everything.  I hope from this forum I can learn from the experts and get sound advice on taking great pics.

• Ron likes this

NikonDiva

NikonDiva

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag
Hello
I'm new to this Forum. I am very anxious to leers from fellow photographers. It is my desire to become pro. I have a D7000
  • Ron likes this

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums Vanessa!

A good way to start is by reading and participating in the minichallenges. The editing exercises are a nice resource, where you can see how much difference different processing techniques coupled with different ideas on where to take a raw file can make. There will be no more new exercises for a while, but all the existing ones are open to play around with.

Nicole's Your best... weekly challenge is a nice way to get to know each other and show each other shots we are proud of.

My One week... challenges are a good way to get familiar with what your lenses can do and what they aren't too suitable for. Just decide on one lens to use exclusively for a week and post what you get that you like.

We try not to give critique unless invited. If you want critique on a photo you post, say so or post it in the critique section.

Airboy

Airboy

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello from Canada (Calgary, Alberta). Looking forward to finding tips and tricks for using the camera/lens.

rupert76

rupert76

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

Hy Guys I'm Roberto, living in Spain; I'm in a period of my life during which I've re-taken my passion for photos and I've to say it's really good for health. Hope I took it for a lifetime jeje. Nice to meet all of you. Cheers.

Bricksey

Bricksey

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi,

Looking forward to learning more to enjoy my hobby.

merv

merv

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi I'm Merv and have been a Nikon man for years. Looking for some advice and thought I'd give this forum a go instead of Talk Photography which I've used for years

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi I'm Merv and have been a Nikon man for years. Looking for some advice and thought I'd give this forum a go instead of Talk Photography which I've used for years

Welcome aboard!

SeaReid

SeaReid

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Question about new D850 -   I see that it has internal electronic VR in HD recording mode only.   Is it possible for Nikon to release a firmware update in the future that will allow for 4K recording with VR active??   Thanks