Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon Coolpix L830 - External View?

coolpix l830 external video lcd scrren video movie hd noob questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

dexy2010

dexy2010

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello,

I recently purchased a Nikon Coolpix L830.  I really do like the camera, but I should have done a bit more research on it before I bought it.  I saw that it had an lcd screen that moved and I was under the impression that it would flip and face forward, but I was wrong.  Like I said before, this was no ones fault, but my own.

Anyway, I vlog on youtube and I like to be able to see myself when filming.  Is there a way to connect some kind of external lcd/viewfinder that I can watch/look at when recording?  If so, how would I go about doing so.  If not do you have any camera suggestions?  Either with a screen that flips all the way around or that can be connected to an external source?

Thanks!

Whitney

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

According to the specs this camera has an HDMI output, so you should be able to connect it to a TV/computer monitor while recording videos.  Double-check with the manual to see if this functionality is supported, but it usually is when an HDMI port is present.

Jesseerie

Jesseerie

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
I need this answer too. I've read the manual and it doesn't say anything about this. Bought this for YouTube and can't use it till I can figure this out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coolpix l830, external video, lcd scrren, video, movie, hd, noob questions