Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Travelling - Voltage in Europe

international voltage europe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Cacbarroso

Cacbarroso

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMiami Lakes, FL

Hi, 

I will be traveling to Italy in a few days with my Nikon camera and flash. 

Can the camera battery charger be utilized in Italy? Can I recharge my flash AA batteries there? No voltage problems?

Please, someone help me with some answers.

Best,

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Italy uses 230V mains, so you will have to check that your chargers are dual-voltage (Input 100-240V, 50-60 Hz). Nikon chargers are AFAIK all auto-sensing dual voltage, so they just need a plug adapter or a standard shaver cord for the country you will be in. Most modern battery chargers work without problem, but read the information on the charger. Travel plugs are always cheaper in a hardware store than in a hotel, so plan accordingly. Italy has three standards for the plugs, but modern socket installations can use either of them.

Cacbarroso

Cacbarroso

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMiami Lakes, FL

Perfect, Nokonian, exactly the answer that I sought.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

CB

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

All you probably need to know:

Mains electricity by country - Wikipedia