Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

tripods

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Gogs Macari

Gogs Macari

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationScotland

After reading all your replies i have just got myself a Velbon cx-560 tripod its not the lightest but it seems to tick all the other boxes you all have mentioned. i am looking forward to putting it to use now ! thanks once again for all your feedback

cheers gogs

bredies

bredies

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRaglan, New Zealand

Well done.  Looks like a good buy.  I have an old Velbon which I am glad I held on to for all these years.

Height is also an important consideration.  You don't want to be bending over all the time.

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

I have just purchased a Manfrotto MK294A3-D3RC2 294 Aluminium Tripod Kit with 3 Way QR Head and although it is not exactly light, it is a solid platform that is well engineered.

Stas

Stas

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Country Flag

What do you think about tripod's weight? How much should weight a good tripod? On the one hand heavy tripod is more stable, but on the other you can't go far away with heavy tripod. So what is optimal tripod's weight?

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

Guess it depends on the weight of your camera and the size of lenses you plan to use with it. Maximum weight load was one of the things I looked for when reading reviews on the various tripods I looked at. However, think you need to work out the balance between what sort of solid platform it will offer against how far you are likely to have to carry it. On my large camera bag, which is like a rucksack, there is a rigging at the back where you can stow a tripod. I also have another canvas bag with a strap that I can use if I am only taking as small camera backpack out with me.