Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D750 - Sample Photos and Specs

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Alex

Alex

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 112 posts
  • Country Flag
The Nikon D750 is a 24 MP camera which has inherited many of the features of the D810 and D4s while adding some of its own like built-in Wi Fi, a tilting screen, and increased autofocus sensitivity down to -3 EV.

Click here to view the camera

akanarya

akanarya

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTurkey, Çankırı

Is there any d750 owner one out there?

I have been waiting the first reviews and impressions, unpatiently.

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

It started shipping just a few days ago, so I'm sure the first user reviews will be in soon!  From a hardware perspective, though, there isn't much new in the 750 (it uses D610 and D810 components), so I have a good idea of what to expect when the reviews come in. 

akanarya

akanarya

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTurkey, Çankırı

sure, but it looks like a good package, closer to d800 with a reasonable price.

OTRTexan

OTRTexan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAll over the USA
A wifi security risk has been uncovered on the 750. By default, the camera's wifi uses an unsecure channel, meaning anyone with the WMU app can access your pics without you knowing it. You can change the settings and require a password however. So while it's an easy fix, it is something that new 750 owners need to be aware of. Here is the link to the article.

http://www.amateurph...-surfaces-35292

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Interesting...probably not a big deal for most folks, but very good to know...I say not a big deal as most folks probably don't have photos that others would really care about, but, in reality, it is good practice to put security in place regardless.  It amazes me how many people don't even have a password (or some form of security) on their smartphone...

Guy

Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Country Flag

LOL.  What WIFI security threat exactly?  People pick up on this  stuff and make a mountain out of a mole hill.  

OTRTexan

OTRTexan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Country Flag
It is what it is. Some people will care,others won't.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

I think the most important thing is that folks are told about it and have the ability to fix it if desired.  As I said above, I would be willing to bet that most folks don't take Internet or associated (smart phone) security as seriously as they should.  I am far from an IT Security expert, but I did play one in real life for awhile :)...Security in general makes it harder for most people to do their normal tasks so they try to work around it or try to minimize the level of security for things they do frequently.  I am guilty as well in some cases, but I can say that I at least try to consider the impact of my decisions.  And, at least I am making decisions vs. ignoring the potential issues.

Guy

Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Country Flag

Did you ever buy a firewall/router with wireless and you had to configure a password and setup WPA  or whatever authentication it had?  Same thing with the camera.  Having a default password is no safer than none at all because to be a default everyone who ever looks at the manual would know what it is.  So, in short, you need to configure that before use just like you set the date/time on the camera when you first get it. What Nikon could fail at, however,  is not informing the user very well that they need to do that. 

OTRTexan

OTRTexan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Country Flag
In this case, by default, the camera doesn't require ANY password at all to access camera photos using the WMU app. So no manual knowledge is necessary. Quite different from having knowledge about default passwords.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

FYI - I shot a football game last night and got a look at the D750.  Not much of a look, but the photographer had purchased it as a backup for his D4.  He said he was quite happy with it.  In looking at it, it looks good, but for me I would want the motor base with it.  He said it did well for him in low light - he didn't say as good as his D4, but it sounded like he considered it as good at 12800 ISO.  He definitely recommended I check one out.